Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

sranjan
Participant

How to Create Ticket Atomation Workflow based on Ticket Status

SOLVE

Hi,

My requirement is to.

1) Once Ticket generated and Status shows "New", it should send an email to Customer/Contact saying that your we have request have been received and a ticket has been generated. How can I add this functionalit? I tried creating workflow undet Automation tab and tried to add "Go to other action" however its not functional as I am not considering if/than branch.

2) When ticket status reaches to "Waiting on Customer" it should send them remineder email. First reminder email after 24 hrs and second reminder email after 72 hrs. How can I add this functionality.

FYI: I have Services Professional Package.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JustinPerkinsC
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

1) Assuming this is actually an external email you can actually just pick "External email" in the workflow and pick an email template you want them to get here. Because the contact is associated with the ticket this notification will automatically go to the contact tagged with the ticket. Is this what you are after? 

2) Should be the same as above in terms of sending the alert. However, this one you will likely need a couple of items.

-Workflow enrollment goes to this status to start it

-Setup a delay of 72 hours until the external email triggers.

-Set up goals to remove them if they move out of this automatically.

-Make sure to have a re-enrollment setup for this workflow in case the case goes into this status multiple times.

Let me know if this helps or if you need me to dig in further to any of this. Happy to help!

JP

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
JustinPerkinsC
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

1) Assuming this is actually an external email you can actually just pick "External email" in the workflow and pick an email template you want them to get here. Because the contact is associated with the ticket this notification will automatically go to the contact tagged with the ticket. Is this what you are after? 

2) Should be the same as above in terms of sending the alert. However, this one you will likely need a couple of items.

-Workflow enrollment goes to this status to start it

-Setup a delay of 72 hours until the external email triggers.

-Set up goals to remove them if they move out of this automatically.

-Make sure to have a re-enrollment setup for this workflow in case the case goes into this status multiple times.

Let me know if this helps or if you need me to dig in further to any of this. Happy to help!

JP

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin
0 Upvotes
sranjan
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for Relyi Justin.

I already tried above one hoever external email facility is greyedout/locked for me.

I have Services professiona package however its says its available for marketing professional package. To me it was suppose to be Services Professional package as my requirement is pretty much normal practice.

Is there any workaround to automate this.?

0 Upvotes