Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JuliaMongeau
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

[How-to] Automatically open the chat widget when a customer loads a specific page URL

👋Hi there, HubSpot Community! I'm Julia, a technical writer for the HubSpot Knowledge Base. I help curate content for our Sales Hub and Conversations tools. I want to share a tip about a cool feature that you can use with your live chats. 

After you create a live chat for your website pages, you can automatically open a chat widget when a visitor loads a specific page URL. You can add this URL to your CTAs, marketing emails, or other content to send visitors directly to your sales and services team. 

• Navigate to the page on your website where there is a chatflow. 
  • In the URL toolbar, add #hs-chat-open to the end of the page URL. 

add-hs-chat-open-to-urladd-hs-chat-open-to-url

• Copy the link. 
  • You can now add the link to your emails, landing pages, or other marketing campaigns. 

You can add the link to a CTA as the external website URL redirect, then add this CTA to your marketing emails or landing pages.  add-url-to-cta.png

Or you can share this link directly with a contact when sending them a one-to-one email in the CRM. 

add-link-to-crm-email.gif

When a contact clicks the link and the page loads, the chat widget will automatically pop open so they can immediately start a chat conversation. 

open-chat-widget-on-page-load.gif

How would you use this feature to get contacts in touch with your team?

Please note: if you're a web developer or are working with a developer on your team, you can also use the Conversations SDK to automatically open the chat widget when a contact clicks a link or button. Learn how to open to a specific chatflow on a page

0 Respuestas 0

0 Respuestas

Aún no hay respuestas para esta publicación.

Por ahora, ningún usuario ha respondido a esta publicación. Vuelve pronto para ver si alguien tiene la solución o envía tu propia respuesta si sabes cómo ayudar. Cada grano de arena cuenta.

Responder esta publicación

¿Necesitas ayuda para responder? Echa un vistazo a las pautas de la comunidad