Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JErnst

How do your BDRs use HubSpot for prospecting?

SOLVE

Hi There,

I have a partner in my firm who has been using a spreadsheet for all his target contacts, because he finds it so easy to keep track of his outreach and change their status. But by not working out of HubSpot, this is causing many issues such as:

- He's emailing people who have opted out of emails, which are flagged in HubSpot.

- He's emailing to the old email address of people who have switched companies, which we keep updated in HubSpot.

- He's emailing incorrect addresses which causes duplicate contact records.

What best practices are you using with your BDRs/SDRs to make it easy to use HubSpot as their system of truth for outbound prospecting? For example, are you having them tag all their target Contacts in a certain way and regularly downloading call-sheets? Are they simply filtering on Contacts they own and working right from the Contact list? Any help is appreciated that would allow me to show this guy that there is a better way.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JErnst,

There is indeed a better way 🙂

In general, I'd recommend the free HubSpot Sales Software Certification. It does a great job of showcasing the capabilities of the CRM.

Regarding your questions, yes, usually BDRs/SDRs would work with from the contacts index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts). This is where they you or they can set up saved filters: contacts owned by them (Contact owner is me), contacts owned by them with a Last contacted date more than 14 days ago, contact owned by them without a Last contacted date etc.

Contacts could be assigned to them manually or updated by the BDRs/SDRs themselves.

When working through these contacts, they should make use of the notes functionality and log any activity (meeting, call) for documentation. They can also enrich the contact with new information gathered, especially the Lifecycle phase and Lead status of a contact.

Using HubSpot in this way opens up powerful reporting capabilities (Menu > Reports > Reports > Report library). A lot of these will populate automatically.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JErnst,

There is indeed a better way 🙂

In general, I'd recommend the free HubSpot Sales Software Certification. It does a great job of showcasing the capabilities of the CRM.

Regarding your questions, yes, usually BDRs/SDRs would work with from the contacts index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts). This is where they you or they can set up saved filters: contacts owned by them (Contact owner is me), contacts owned by them with a Last contacted date more than 14 days ago, contact owned by them without a Last contacted date etc.

Contacts could be assigned to them manually or updated by the BDRs/SDRs themselves.

When working through these contacts, they should make use of the notes functionality and log any activity (meeting, call) for documentation. They can also enrich the contact with new information gathered, especially the Lifecycle phase and Lead status of a contact.

Using HubSpot in this way opens up powerful reporting capabilities (Menu > Reports > Reports > Report library). A lot of these will populate automatically.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.