Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

gtwright
Teilnehmer/-in

How do you report on repeat customers?

lösung

There are so many ways to report on NEW customers in Hubspot, but what do you do when you want to track campaign results that include repeat customers along with new customers?

I tend to rely on workflows, with the goal set to monitor a particular sales condition. Any other approaches?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
cbsembler
Lösung
Academy-Team
Academy-Team

lösung

Hey @gtwright

I can see the value on an easy way to report on repeat customers and currently on ideas.hubspot.com there is a post by another HubSpot customers requesting a similar feature. I have linked to that idea, here, and suggest that you take a look at it and comment on it. 

Workflows and goal conditions is a great way to go about this because it does allow you to unenroll people when they meet certain criteria for the sale. I would recommend to taking a look at contact properties that you use for displaying repeat customers and you could build lists out based on those contact properties. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
6 Antworten
mclark0654
Mitglied

lösung

Reporting on repeat customers involves tracking and analyzing data related to customers who have made multiple purchases or engaged with your business on multiple occasions. Here are some steps to effectively report on repeat customers:

1. Identify Key Metrics: Determine the key metrics you want to track when analyzing repeat customers. This may include the number of repeat purchases, frequency of visits or purchases, total lifetime value of repeat customers, and customer retention rate.

2. Gather Data: Collect data from your customer database or CRM system to identify repeat customers. This may include customer names, contact information, purchase history, dates of transactions, and other relevant details.

0 Upvotes
ARaza63
Mitglied

lösung

To report on repeat customers, businesses can analyze their customer relationship management (CRM) or sales data. Metrics such as customer purchase frequency, retention rates, and customer lifetime value help identify and quantify repeat business. For more details click here

0 Upvotes
mclark0654
Mitglied

lösung

thanks for good information all information was very well 

0 Upvotes
cbsembler
Lösung
Academy-Team
Academy-Team

lösung

Hey @gtwright

I can see the value on an easy way to report on repeat customers and currently on ideas.hubspot.com there is a post by another HubSpot customers requesting a similar feature. I have linked to that idea, here, and suggest that you take a look at it and comment on it. 

Workflows and goal conditions is a great way to go about this because it does allow you to unenroll people when they meet certain criteria for the sale. I would recommend to taking a look at contact properties that you use for displaying repeat customers and you could build lists out based on those contact properties. 

Best, 

Courtney Sembler 

Inbound Professor 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
0 Upvotes
WarrenLee
Mitglied

lösung

The link you included doesn't seem to work anymore.  Can you please resend. 

Thank you,

- Warren Lee

gtwright
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks for the response, @cbsembler!

I hadn't seen that post on the Ideas form yet—glad to know there are at least a few others thinking about this issue. I just up-voted that one and I'll add a comment shortly.

I should elaborate a bit more on how I've been handing repeat customers: I'll have a contact property of "last purchase" that syncs up with our shopping cart to add the product code of the most recent purchase. Then I can build a list for a given product by looking if that contact property has ever contained the code I'm targetting.

That approach works well for workflow goal conditions and general list building, but I still wish I could do a Marketing Performance or Contact Lifecycle report where each stage could be defined by membership in a particular list. I'm hoping the custom reports tool will eventually get there.

0 Upvotes