Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Roosi_Chris
Contributor

How do you keep track of solutions from resolved tickets?

SOLVE

Hey Guys.

So we are currently building up our ticketing System. We already have one Pipeline in Productive use (internal). What is the best way to document the solution for resolving the problem of the ticket and be able to search for it?

I know you can use the tickets notes for it and use the search bar for finding it again. But is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Christopher

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Roosi_Chris ,

HubSpot doesn't provide any such feature where you can document the solutions and find and use them again. So keeping the ticlets notes is a good idea here. Also I will recommend you to check this out: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/inbox/set-up-a-customer-portal . Still in beta but soon we will be able to craete a customer portal for our clients. Scroll down the artickle and you will find  afeature 'Set up ticket filter', check it out, it might be helofu for you. You can ask your customer success manager to ungate this for you.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Roosi_Chris ,

HubSpot doesn't provide any such feature where you can document the solutions and find and use them again. So keeping the ticlets notes is a good idea here. Also I will recommend you to check this out: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/inbox/set-up-a-customer-portal . Still in beta but soon we will be able to craete a customer portal for our clients. Scroll down the artickle and you will find  afeature 'Set up ticket filter', check it out, it might be helofu for you. You can ask your customer success manager to ungate this for you.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

Roosi_Chris
Contributor

SOLVE

Firstly, Thanks to everyone!

@karstenkoehler Thanks for the tips. We already tried using a custom ticket property for this, but we where not statisfied with how it acts. This is definetly a point that could use some kind of feature. Pretty much everyone with more than a few tickets will sooner or later want to search for older solutions to similar problems. But hey, we need to work with what we got and make the best out of it 🙂

@webdew This is a great hint, i will definetly get in touch with our customer success manager to get access to the beta. Thank you very much!

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Roosi_Chris , thank you for your post! This is a great question, I'd also like to learn how other people would approach this.

Hi @karstenkoehler , I've seen you shared some great tips around ticket handling and I'm wondering if you could weigh in here?

I also wanted to tag in @tjoyce  - Do you think this is something possible by utilizing API? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Roosi_Chris and @natsumimori,

Thanks for tagging!

I'm not aware of any feature in HubSpot that would solve this nicely, unfortunately. I assume that solutions can be very different which makes it hard to automatically categorize them and make them easily searchable.

Users could of course add a short description of their solution in a custom ticket property which would make it easy to run reports or export this information, but all values in this ticket property would be different. Someone would have to go through them one by one.

If your question relates more to being able to select existing solution templates, then I would recommend snippets.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.