Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

SWilsonA4u
Top Contributor

How do we send a customer services communication

SOLVE

I may be missing something totally here, but I want to use the email functionality to build automated customer service emails for current under contract clients when certain activity is initiated against a specific deal. 

service.

However  I cant select this option 

SWilsonA4u_1-1624959881049.png

Its greyed out

Questons -

A subscription type of service, what is it for? How do we send service related emails. 

The subscription type above that is greyed out is hubspot default. So I can't use that, but I have been able to add my own  that I have classed also as a service process and I can select that one, when seemingly it is the same settings as the hubspot one

Very confused by this!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SWilsonA4u,

The "Manage preferences" and/or "Unsubscribe" links at the end of an email can only be removed with a HubSpot add-on called Transactional email. It's meant "to send emails for commerce receipts, account updates, terms of service changes, and other essential business transactions. Transactional emails are for relationship-based interactions, unlike marketing email, which is typically used to promote your content." This is an additional purchase (unfortunately).

Without transactional email, your emails can only be sent with the "Manage preferences" link.

The Customer Service Communication subscription type is used for feedback surveys, see the official description for recipients: "Receive feedback requests and customer service information."

For the type of communication that you want to send, you would either have to use the marketing subscription type or create a new subscription type.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
SWilsonA4u
Top Contributor

SOLVE

0 Upvotes
SWilsonA4u
Top Contributor

SOLVE

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SWilsonA4u,

The "Manage preferences" and/or "Unsubscribe" links at the end of an email can only be removed with a HubSpot add-on called Transactional email. It's meant "to send emails for commerce receipts, account updates, terms of service changes, and other essential business transactions. Transactional emails are for relationship-based interactions, unlike marketing email, which is typically used to promote your content." This is an additional purchase (unfortunately).

Without transactional email, your emails can only be sent with the "Manage preferences" link.

The Customer Service Communication subscription type is used for feedback surveys, see the official description for recipients: "Receive feedback requests and customer service information."

For the type of communication that you want to send, you would either have to use the marketing subscription type or create a new subscription type.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.