Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

SNormann

How do I see all messages sent through a specific contact form/platform?

Hi!

On our website we have a number of contact forms and we are not keeping track on which of theese forms are being used, or if they are really being used as intended. We also get e-mails sent through various platforms were we market our products.

I would like to generate a list of all e-mails we recieved thorugh "contact form 1", "contact form 2" and "Marketing platform X" and so on for the past 90 days. I also need to be able to read what was actually written in each contact form.

How do I do that? I would be super thankful for any help I can get. 

EDIT: Ideally it would be as simple as being able to filter in conversations and see all messages sent through "contact-form 1" or "Facebook messages". 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
SNormann

Hi Karsten!

Thank you for your answer. I'm new to Hubspot and realise I probobly left out important information. The contact forms on our site are non Hubspot-forms and does not appear in the filter. What would we need to do in order to be able to filter by contact form?

Best,

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @SNormann,

Under Menu > Contacts > Contacts, you can create a filtered view.

1. Click All filters > Form submissions and select your form.
  2. Use the Edit columns button to include all fields used in your form as columns.
  3. Click Save view

karstenkoehler_0-1681897930547.png

If you're using the same fields across multiple forms, you will always only see whatever the latest value in a form field is. For example, if a contact submitted the Message field on form 1 and 2, you'll see the latest submission for Message in all filtered views.

If you want to see the value of the field at the time of the submission, you would have to navigate to the form (Menu > Lead capture > Forms) and go into the tab Submissions. Here you can see the content of each submission, frozen in time. It is not possible to replicate this in a report, list, or filtered view.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.