Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JStamper
Membre

How do I make a discount code apply to a single-line item in a multiple-line order

Résolue

Hi. I am new to HubSpot, and I hope you can help me.

We are setting up event registration with multiple types of tickets, and some will have a discount code. The issue is that the discount is taken off the entire purchase instead of the single line item.

For example, Mary orders Ticket A ($20) and Ticket B ($20). She has a discount code (XYZ) for Ticket A, bringing Ticket A's cost down to $10. The new total should be $30 (Ticket A $10 + Ticket B $20)since the discount code is only for Ticket A; however, the discount code brings the total cost down to $20 because it applies the discount to both tickets.

Do you have any suggestions on making the discount code apply to a single-line item in a multiple-line order?

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Syeda_Fatima
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Diamond

How do I make a discount code apply to a single-line item in a multiple-line order

Résolue

Hey @JStamper, Hope you are doing well.

As much as I know, HubSpot does not currently have a way to apply a discount code to a single line item in a multiple-line order.

However
, there are a couple of workarounds you could try. One option is to use the price rules feature to apply a discount to each line item. This will allow you to apply the discount to each ticket individually.

Another option is to manually apply the discount code in the checkout process. This requires you to manually enter the discount code for each line item, but it will ensure that the discount is applied to the correct ticket.

Moreover, you could create a separate discount code for each type of ticket. This will ensure that the correct discount is applied to each line item.

These are the above alternatives that you can do. If you have any further questions, you can personally connect. I would love to more explain about the third-party tools that can be easy to use for your custom need.

All the best. Cheers!

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

1 Réponse
Syeda_Fatima
Solution

Résolue

Hey @JStamper, Hope you are doing well.

As much as I know, HubSpot does not currently have a way to apply a discount code to a single line item in a multiple-line order.

However
, there are a couple of workarounds you could try. One option is to use the price rules feature to apply a discount to each line item. This will allow you to apply the discount to each ticket individually.

Another option is to manually apply the discount code in the checkout process. This requires you to manually enter the discount code for each line item, but it will ensure that the discount is applied to the correct ticket.

Moreover, you could create a separate discount code for each type of ticket. This will ensure that the correct discount is applied to each line item.

These are the above alternatives that you can do. If you have any further questions, you can personally connect. I would love to more explain about the third-party tools that can be easy to use for your custom need.

All the best. Cheers!