Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MoboRVA
Participant

How do I fix a workflow error when I can't edit internal values of a property?

Résolue

Hello all, 

I'm stumped and hoping for some tips on how to fix a workflow error. The workflow is intended to update a mirror contact level property when the original company level property gets updated. The problem is that while the property label matches between the two properties that are mapped to each other, the internal value is slightly different causing an error. Basically, I have a company property that has a drop down to allow users to assign all of our subscriptions services a company is subscribed to. I created a workflow and a mirror property at the contact level so this subscription information could be seen at the contact level also. The problem is that I inserted a word on one of the drop down options on the contact level property internal values so it doesn't match the property level drop down. 

I understand what the issue is but since the internal values of properties can't be edited, I'm stumped as to how to fix it. I thought about deleting the incorrect label within the contact level property and replacing it with a new label that is correct and matches but then wouldn't I have to manually re enter all the records that were impacted by the error? Has anyone else run into this and how did you fix it? 

1 Solution acceptée
jolle
Solution
Expert reconnu | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hey @MoboRVA, thanks for reaching out! This is a great question.

Since you can't edit the internal property values and those must match across properties to copy properly, you'll need to create an additional dropdown value to balance out your internal values.

The good news is that you can merge dropdown values within the property editor! All you need to do is:

1. Edit the property
  2. Add another dropdown value with the internal property value you need
  3. Check the box next to the old value and the new value
  4. Select Merge for your new property to automatically combine/move over values

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 12.52.12 PM.png

That should keep HubSpot happy and automatically update all of your records to the new internal property value!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
jolle
Solution

Résolue

Hey @MoboRVA, thanks for reaching out! This is a great question.

Since you can't edit the internal property values and those must match across properties to copy properly, you'll need to create an additional dropdown value to balance out your internal values.

The good news is that you can merge dropdown values within the property editor! All you need to do is:

1. Edit the property
  2. Add another dropdown value with the internal property value you need
  3. Check the box next to the old value and the new value
  4. Select Merge for your new property to automatically combine/move over values

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 12.52.12 PM.png

That should keep HubSpot happy and automatically update all of your records to the new internal property value!

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

MoboRVA
Participant

Résolue

Thank you! That worked like a charm 😁

jolle

Résolue

So glad to hear, and happy to help!!

Jacob Olle

0 Votes