Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Roynal
Contributor

How did you land your first 10 customers?

SOLVE

What are some best practices in terms of outreach, cold email and things that you followed to get your first 10 customers?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Interesting question @Roynal

I may not come at this exactly as others, but here's my $0.02. 

I found my first 10 customers not through cold outreach, but through relationships. I built relationships through IRL interactions and social media, bringing value and asking for business once I did. So for me, it's about content creation and distribution, engaging with people I can help and who may possibly want more help, and then making the ask. 

Sounds real woo-woo and new age, but it's the truth. I avoid cold outreach and lists, and instead work on creating value and developing relationships. 😊

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Roynal ,

I have to agree with @danmoyle with creating connections, I think it is essential. Think less B2B or B2C and more H2H (human 2 human) - that's not mine, I just loved it as soon as I heard it.

I have worked with a lot of small local businesses and my advice to them is to be where your customers are.

Just because you are in SaaS and you can't physically get out and meet your customers, it doesn't mean you can't meet your customers where they are.

Who is your ideal customer and where do they hang out online?

If you haven't already, highly recommend the HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification.

edited to add HubSpot Inbound Sales Certification, sometimes I get a little too marketing focused.

Best of luck with the new endeavor!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Roynal ,

I have to agree with @danmoyle with creating connections, I think it is essential. Think less B2B or B2C and more H2H (human 2 human) - that's not mine, I just loved it as soon as I heard it.

I have worked with a lot of small local businesses and my advice to them is to be where your customers are.

Just because you are in SaaS and you can't physically get out and meet your customers, it doesn't mean you can't meet your customers where they are.

Who is your ideal customer and where do they hang out online?

If you haven't already, highly recommend the HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification.

edited to add HubSpot Inbound Sales Certification, sometimes I get a little too marketing focused.

Best of luck with the new endeavor!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

danmoyle

SOLVE

Yes @Jnix284! H2H! I loved that the first time I heard it, too. We as people do business with people we get to know, like and trust. While that extends to brands, it's th humans at the heart. 

🙌

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Interesting question @Roynal

I may not come at this exactly as others, but here's my $0.02. 

I found my first 10 customers not through cold outreach, but through relationships. I built relationships through IRL interactions and social media, bringing value and asking for business once I did. So for me, it's about content creation and distribution, engaging with people I can help and who may possibly want more help, and then making the ask. 

Sounds real woo-woo and new age, but it's the truth. I avoid cold outreach and lists, and instead work on creating value and developing relationships. 😊

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Roynal,

This is a great question!

I'll add some of our top contributors to get this conversation going!

Hey @danmoyle@Jnix284@karstenkoehler@Sam62@GeorgeBThomas@Olivia_Bagnall@myles4 - How did you get your first clients? Which outreach techniques did you use?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
danmoyle

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer. Always appreciate being thought of in these discussions! 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website