Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MJ_Bergeron
Participant

How contacts are assigned to parent child companies

SOLVE

Hello everyone,

I looked everywhere I could not find the answer I am looking for:

Once the parent-child companies are created (I am ok to do this step), how are the contacts associated to the company? 1. In case they fill out a form and 2. if we send them an email with te gmail extension.

I know that usually it's with the email domain so I am wondering which company is going to be automatically associated with.

Thanks !

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MJ_Bergeron 

Contacts will remain associated with the same company they were before the parent-child association was created. Form fills and email interactions will be logged against the contact and that company. 

When automatically assoicating new contacts to companies, domain name is used. But you can override this manually and if doing so it will stat overridden. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Dan1
Guide

SOLVE

@MJ_Bergeron , Your not the only one 🙂 

We get this questions a lot!! 

So we created a video which details the dissociation @Phil_Vallender rightly suggests and the workflow we use to make sure contacts are being assigned to the right child company, when they have the same domain.

Hopefully it will help some other HubSpot users. 

Kind regards,  

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub 

GeoMapper 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps 

Dan1_0-1637333598825.png

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MJ_Bergeron 

Contacts will remain associated with the same company they were before the parent-child association was created. Form fills and email interactions will be logged against the contact and that company. 

When automatically assoicating new contacts to companies, domain name is used. But you can override this manually and if doing so it will stat overridden. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency