Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

EbarakHossain
Top Contributor

How can I work with the associations in terms of list building or template fields?

SOLVE

Hi friends, 

How can I work with the associations in terms of list building or template fields? For example, I have a Deal with an associated contact and the contact association label for one of the contacts is called HubSpot Rep. I want to be able to do things like identify all deals that have an associated contact where that association type is in play or vice versa (i.e. show me all deals that lack an associated HubSpot Rep) and I want to be able to add the HubSpot Rep as a personalization token into email templates or use them in automations (i.e. "Send a notification to Peter when a deal enters the Technical Review stage and include the name of the associated HubSpot Rep in the notification message). Thoughts?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

How can I work with the associations in terms of list building or template fields?

SOLVE

Hi @EbarakHossain,

For contacts, you should be able to set up active lists that will show you exactly these filters:

karstenkoehler_0-1637779899548.png

Since we don't have lists for other objects, the only time you'll see these filters will be in workflows and reports. There they will work exactly the same:

karstenkoehler_1-1637779964873.png

As far as using associated records for personalization goes, that is currently not possible – at least not out of the box. Personalization tokens always refer to one and the same record. It's not possible to personalize an email for one record with information from another record. (As always, there might be ways to achieve this with custom code actions in HubSpot Operations Hub Professional or Enterprise.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EbarakHossain,

For contacts, you should be able to set up active lists that will show you exactly these filters:

karstenkoehler_0-1637779899548.png

Since we don't have lists for other objects, the only time you'll see these filters will be in workflows and reports. There they will work exactly the same:

karstenkoehler_1-1637779964873.png

As far as using associated records for personalization goes, that is currently not possible – at least not out of the box. Personalization tokens always refer to one and the same record. It's not possible to personalize an email for one record with information from another record. (As always, there might be ways to achieve this with custom code actions in HubSpot Operations Hub Professional or Enterprise.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.