Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AidenMarkram

How can I work with the associations in terms of list building or template fields??

SOLVE

Hi friends, 

How can I work with the associations in terms of list building or template fields? For example, I have a Deal with an associated contact and the contact association label for one of the contacts is called HubSpot Rep. I want to be able to do things like identify all deals that have an associated contact where that association type is in play or vice versa (i.e. show me all deals that lack an associated HubSpot Rep) and I want to be able to add the HubSpot Rep as a personalization token into email templates or use them in automations (i.e. "Send a notification to Peter when a deal enters the Technical Review stage and include the name of the associated HubSpot Rep in the notification message). Thoughts?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

How can I work with the associations in terms of list building or template fields??

SOLVE

Hi @AidenMarkram,

This might be possible with custom code actions in Operations Hub Professional or Enterprise, requiring development, but it can't be done out of the box.

By default, emails can only be reference information of a record that is linked directly, e.g. personalization tokens for the recipient, their company or a deal or ticket (in deal- and ticket-based workflows). Personalization tokens cannot reference another contact associated to a deal.

If you want to have this information available on the contact record, the only workaround that I can think of is copying the name of the HubSpot rep to a custom single-line text property using a contact-based workflow. It looks like you're using the free CRM so you would have to upgrade to access workflows. (Let me know if you need assistance with creating them if you do have workflows at your disposal.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AidenMarkram,

This might be possible with custom code actions in Operations Hub Professional or Enterprise, requiring development, but it can't be done out of the box.

By default, emails can only be reference information of a record that is linked directly, e.g. personalization tokens for the recipient, their company or a deal or ticket (in deal- and ticket-based workflows). Personalization tokens cannot reference another contact associated to a deal.

If you want to have this information available on the contact record, the only workaround that I can think of is copying the name of the HubSpot rep to a custom single-line text property using a contact-based workflow. It looks like you're using the free CRM so you would have to upgrade to access workflows. (Let me know if you need assistance with creating them if you do have workflows at your disposal.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes