Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AaronBoatin
Contributor

How can I create create an Active List that shows Companies with no Contacts assigned?

SOLVE

We're trying to clean up the unused companies in our database and delete ones not associated with any contacts.

I'm runnning into a dead end when trying to create an active list.

Any help would be greatlty appreciated!

1 Accepted solution
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

How can I create create an Active List that shows Companies with no Contacts assigned?

SOLVE

Hey @AaronBoatin,

I too just deleted some unused companies from my CRM a couple of hours ago. To do this, navigate to contacts -> lists -> create a list (active) and choose "company based".

Then, give your list a name and edit filter -> choose company properties and add the following filters:

1. Company name is known and

2. Number of associated contact is equal to "0"

This will give you the list of companies with no associated contacts in your hubspot.

I added this demonstration video for you.

Let me know if this helps.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
GRajput
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AaronBoatin - Yes, we can create an active list that shows Companies with no Contacts assigned.You can create an active list using Number od associated contacts.Here is the screenshot below:

image (15).png

Please mark it as SOLUTION ACCEPTED if you like the solution.

Thank you!

Gaurav Rajput
Director, MarTech( Growth Natives)

Book a meeting

BukunmiOdetayo
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @AaronBoatin,

I too just deleted some unused companies from my CRM a couple of hours ago. To do this, navigate to contacts -> lists -> create a list (active) and choose "company based".

Then, give your list a name and edit filter -> choose company properties and add the following filters:

1. Company name is known and

2. Number of associated contact is equal to "0"

This will give you the list of companies with no associated contacts in your hubspot.

I added this demonstration video for you.

Let me know if this helps.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AaronBoatin
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you, Bukunmi!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AaronBoatin,

There is a company property 'Number of associated contacts' which you can filter for on the company index page (Menu > Contacts > Companies) it in lists. When this number is 0, the contact wouldn't have any associated contacts.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

AaronBoatin
Contributor

SOLVE

Danke, Karsten!

0 Upvotes