Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Thibault3

How Can I Leverage The Chatbot Functionality ?

SOLVE

Hi there,

I'm running a project to improve chatbot engagement/conversion across our site.

We all know that personalization is key, so I was thinking to provide different versions of our chatbot based on lifecycle stage.

Would anyone have any other recomendation please? Any quick wins you may have got from HS chatbot functionality please share away?

3 Accepted solutions
Bruno_Teixeira
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hello @Thibault3 ,

That can be a great idea. Having different versions of your chatbot based on the lifecycle stage can help you to provide the right message to your visitor.

To do so, you'll need to create an active list for each lifecycle stage you want to target and you'll add this as a segmented list on your chat (see screenshot below)

Capture d’écran 2021-03-31 à 10.57.31.png

Bruno Teixeira

RevOps Manager

Cérès Growth Marketing

Hubspot Diamond Partner

bruno@ceres.agency
www.ceres.agency
linkedin
Contact us

View solution in original post

dianalcont
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Thibault3 

I agree with @Bruno_Teixeira - but with one caveat to keep in mind. That requires someone to have already filled out a form and for cookies to have been tracked for visitors to your site.

I always start building chat bots to account for the most urgent needs - for example route someone reaching out for service support ASAP.

Being upfront in the beginning about what people need help with is key. Before you ask anything else have the bot ask what do you need from me?

I think the biggest failure in creating chat bots is losing sight of the customer service priority. We try to fulfill our needs (extracting as much information upfront) before we give someone value or understand the needs of users - not a great user experience and will likely turn out in an under utilized chat bot.

AND if you are not answering chats live make that very clear in the beginning. Manage expectations on what the chat bot will help you achieve as a user.

Hope this helps!

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Thibault3 . Good resources & insights here so far. I'll share a little something from the mind of my boss at Impulse Creative. In addition to the lifecycle stage idea, you could design a choose your own adventure bot by thinking about why people are on your site in a couple of buckets. New visitor, current customer (needing service), current customer (looking at a product or pricing page), etc. 

Check out this course with 20 different ideas for chatbots to help with engagement. My favorite is #8, the greeter. 

I think my biggest piece of advice is to think about the bot as a conversation starter. It's not just a lead gen machine, but a greeter and helper. 

You got this! 

Dan // Impulse Creative

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

7 Replies 7
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @Thibault3 . Good resources & insights here so far. I'll share a little something from the mind of my boss at Impulse Creative. In addition to the lifecycle stage idea, you could design a choose your own adventure bot by thinking about why people are on your site in a couple of buckets. New visitor, current customer (needing service), current customer (looking at a product or pricing page), etc. 

Check out this course with 20 different ideas for chatbots to help with engagement. My favorite is #8, the greeter. 

I think my biggest piece of advice is to think about the bot as a conversation starter. It's not just a lead gen machine, but a greeter and helper. 

You got this! 

Dan // Impulse Creative

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
Thibault3

SOLVE

Hi @danmoyle ,

That's spot on, thank you very much for sharing this course and for your insights.

Really appreciate the help!

0 Upvotes
Thibault3

SOLVE

Hi @dianalcont ,

Thank you for your reply, it all makes perfect sense.

Our current version does tick most of these boxes, at least I hope :), couldn't agreeing more about the need to be as transparent as possible and provide actual value as opposed to be just a lead generation tool. 

I guess what we're trying to achieve with more personalised versions would be to provide content that would resonate best with users based on their buying journey stage.

Again thank you for your imput, have a great day!

Thibault

0 Upvotes
dianalcont
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @Thibault3 

I agree with @Bruno_Teixeira - but with one caveat to keep in mind. That requires someone to have already filled out a form and for cookies to have been tracked for visitors to your site.

I always start building chat bots to account for the most urgent needs - for example route someone reaching out for service support ASAP.

Being upfront in the beginning about what people need help with is key. Before you ask anything else have the bot ask what do you need from me?

I think the biggest failure in creating chat bots is losing sight of the customer service priority. We try to fulfill our needs (extracting as much information upfront) before we give someone value or understand the needs of users - not a great user experience and will likely turn out in an under utilized chat bot.

AND if you are not answering chats live make that very clear in the beginning. Manage expectations on what the chat bot will help you achieve as a user.

Hope this helps!

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »
Thibault3

SOLVE

Hi Bruno,

That makes perfect sense, thank you!

Kind regards,

Thibault

0 Upvotes
Bruno_Teixeira
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @Thibault3 ,

That can be a great idea. Having different versions of your chatbot based on the lifecycle stage can help you to provide the right message to your visitor.

To do so, you'll need to create an active list for each lifecycle stage you want to target and you'll add this as a segmented list on your chat (see screenshot below)

Capture d’écran 2021-03-31 à 10.57.31.png

Bruno Teixeira

RevOps Manager

Cérès Growth Marketing

Hubspot Diamond Partner

bruno@ceres.agency
www.ceres.agency
linkedin
Contact us
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Thibault3 

Thank you for reaching out

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Tarak_lbh @Bruno_Teixeira @Josh do you have any tips or suggestions for @Thibault3 on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !