Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Petter
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

Hit me with your best personalization / smart content tips :)

resolver

Hi everybody! 

I'm reading report after report saying that consumers demand more and more personalized and tailored content - and a personalized tailored buyer's journey altogether. Which of course isn't surprising since the amount of marketing messages we receive increases every day, and we don't have the time/energy to engage with content that doesn't speak to us and to our specific needs. 

And HubSpot is of course a great platform to create a personalized and tailored buyer's journey. However, I don't use these tools perhaps as much as I could or should. 

So it would be AWESOME to hear about your best practices, tips, tricks, etc. on how you use HubSpot's personalization tools and smart content to create that smooth ride for your leads and customers 🤗 Even if it's just a simple tip, I would love to hear it and get inspired 😁

Cheers! 

1 Solução aceita
StefaniUAT
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

@Petter, I do all of the above depending on what data we collect/what is easiest/etc.

Smart content is great but you have to have the data you are filtering on known, which is not always the case.

I prefer active lists whenever possible. Before sending emails, I will clone the active list and title it appropriately. That way, we have the data we need AND can trace back to what emails were sent to what humans.

I will then create two versions of the email. Even though this is contradictory, I create one email with smart content based on "XYZ" property is known, "XYZ" is a or "XYZ" is b and segment/update accordingly. I then create another email for those with the property "XYZ" is unknown and create an email with more generalized content/wording. This way you can segment/tailor to your customer needs without discluding some/sending blank info/etc.

However, for those double-opted-in, we enroll them into various email nurture workflows based on the information they provided.

Hopefully, this is helpful but feel free to ask more & great, clarifying questions.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

Exibir solução no post original

9 Respostas 9
StefaniUAT
Solução

resolver

@Petter, I do all of the above depending on what data we collect/what is easiest/etc.

Smart content is great but you have to have the data you are filtering on known, which is not always the case.

I prefer active lists whenever possible. Before sending emails, I will clone the active list and title it appropriately. That way, we have the data we need AND can trace back to what emails were sent to what humans.

I will then create two versions of the email. Even though this is contradictory, I create one email with smart content based on "XYZ" property is known, "XYZ" is a or "XYZ" is b and segment/update accordingly. I then create another email for those with the property "XYZ" is unknown and create an email with more generalized content/wording. This way you can segment/tailor to your customer needs without discluding some/sending blank info/etc.

However, for those double-opted-in, we enroll them into various email nurture workflows based on the information they provided.

Hopefully, this is helpful but feel free to ask more & great, clarifying questions.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Petter

resolver

@StefaniUAT That's sounds like a really nice set-up! 😊 

StefaniUAT

resolver

Hi @Petter,

We use personalized tokens and smart content to personalize the inbound journey via email. This is incredibly helpful for automating current marketing emails. However, I have started to leverage polls/feedback/CTAs/forms in emails to really personalize the journey. HubSpot makes it easy to collect info and data at each point in which a consumer interacts. Therefore, you can automate/re-direct/provide more info/etc. at every step. Can you collect data and automate communication for what you feel is beyond your needs?

I recently created a quick form and added it to both forms and emails that asks a prospective client what/when is their preferred communication and it is workflowed (automated). This is simple and makes a major difference in tailoring to buyer needs. I can then further segment in lists and workflows based on other information gathered like interests, needs/desires, etc. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Petter

resolver

Awesome, thanks for sharing! When sending out emails , do you use the Smart content tools in HubSpot or do segment your contacts in active lists or separate workflows to tailor your email messages to them?  

0 Avaliação positiva
kelseygalarza
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hey ya, we have done the following recently that seems to be driving the needle (too soon to have stats.)

Persona-based personalization:

1) Question on primary lead forms asks content for persona

2) Nurture email series speaks to needs/challenges and solutions for persona

3) Sales sequence built for each persona

4) Built blog tags for each persona so that:

5) Added website pages for each persona and use the rss feed for blogs for that persona on the bottom

6) RSS/Blog newsletter for persona

All of that is automated based on answering one simple question!

Petter

resolver

Ok, that sounds cool! So you ask your converted leads about their needs or challenges and add them to specific subscription types based on that? 

How do you mean you add website pages for each persona? Do you mean like a thank you page after they convert and there you display related content from your blog using RSS? 

webdew
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Thanks for tagging us @PamCotton 

Hi @Petter ,

Let me send some useful articles. We do have "personalization tokens" that you can use, and "smart content" within our assets such as marketing email

First, we have "smart content rules" where we can decide within marketing emails what customers see depending on which list they belong to.

Secondly, we can use personalization tokens to automatically pull out the contact first and last name. E.g. "Hi {{contact.firstname}}"

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

Petter

resolver

Hi, and thank you for the links! 😁👍

I know how the tools work, but what I was curious to hear about was how other HubSpot wizards use these tools in their marketing. For instance what information do you usually segment on when creating smart content for landing page or marketing email? Geographics, demographics, previous engagements etc. 

I use smart CTA's on our website based upon what content the visitor have downloaded before. Really basic stuff, but I think that's a great way to promote new content to returning visitors. Do you use this in a similar way? 

When it comes to personalization tokens I usually just end up using the First name token in emails, but I bet there are tons of other cool ways you can use these to connect with your audience 😊

PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hello @Petter, a great way to start a conversation! I will add some top experts to this conversation, @GuyTaylor , @Josh , @StefaniUAT , @webdew @himanshurauthan any tips and recommendations?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !