Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

PaceSales
Membre

Help Scrubbing Emails

Résolue

Hello,

This is my first post here on the HS Community, so if I am posting in the incorrect forum, please guide me to the correct one,

I am currently tasked with importing company excel data into HS.
The data in the spread sheets contains customer emails which I have cleaned so that only the text after "@" remains. That being said, there are many customers which have emails that aren't actually their websites domain, but just their email service.

I'm not referring to emails such as gmail,yahoo, aol, etc. but domains associated with the email service created within the company.
Is there a resoruce that allows me search these email domains so that I can find the companys original website to properly populate in HS.

Additionally; does this mean that using a companies website, which will likely grab the correct properties for a company, not work for companies which use such email domain services.

Pleas let me know if this makes sense, I'd be happy to provide an example if this is unclear.

Thanks!

Pace Sales

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions

Help Scrubbing Emails

Résolue

Hi @PaceSales,

Have you tried importing the data into HS? If not, you should give it a try. HS automatically looks up a contact's company based on their domain emails. That will save you from the stress of looking for software that will scrub the addresses for you.

What I can also suggest is that you remove the column that contains the company's website from the spreadsheet. You can copy the spreadsheet to keep the original information. Upload that spreadsheet first and let me know how it goes.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

1 Réponse
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution

Help Scrubbing Emails

Résolue

Hi @PaceSales,

Have you tried importing the data into HS? If not, you should give it a try. HS automatically looks up a contact's company based on their domain emails. That will save you from the stress of looking for software that will scrub the addresses for you.

What I can also suggest is that you remove the column that contains the company's website from the spreadsheet. You can copy the spreadsheet to keep the original information. Upload that spreadsheet first and let me know how it goes.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.