Graceful way to close Twitter account?

SOLVE
KelseyBigelow
Participant

After quite a while of monitoring and analyzing our Twitter activity, we've decided our audience just isn't on Twitter, and Twitter doesn't fit our needs. Are there any tips, tricks, or best practices for bowing out of the Twittersphere and closing our account?

Do we need to do a formal "so long, Twitter" post? Or is it okay to just delete the account without a word? Seems odd to not say anything...

Any thoughts would be helpful!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Thanks for the tag, @jennysowyrda 

Maybe ...
-1- Stop distributing content via Twitter.
-2- Setup Buffer to auto-tweet a "We've Moved" message periodically -- e.g., once every 30 days for 90 days.
-3- Greet Twitter-referred visitors with a special 'thank you for following us from Twitter' message -- e.g., via email.
-4- ?? No opinion on closing account. We've seen clients with zombie Twitter accounts for YEARS -- i.e., last tweet = 2015!

Note: The date of each post here is increasingly important as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @KelseyBigelow,

This is a great question! 

@crystalking@MFrankJohnson@Huble_Connor@krystalg do you have any advice for @KelseyBigelow?

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Thanks for the tag, @jennysowyrda 

Maybe ...
-1- Stop distributing content via Twitter.
-2- Setup Buffer to auto-tweet a "We've Moved" message periodically -- e.g., once every 30 days for 90 days.
-3- Greet Twitter-referred visitors with a special 'thank you for following us from Twitter' message -- e.g., via email.
-4- ?? No opinion on closing account. We've seen clients with zombie Twitter accounts for YEARS -- i.e., last tweet = 2015!

Note: The date of each post here is increasingly important as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

View solution in original post

KelseyBigelow
Participant

Thanks for the tip! I'll think it through, and give it a shot.