Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE
Advisor

My reps collect data in Google Forms in the pre sales process. Does anyone have any ideas about how to save this down into the deal? 

Should I make properties to store the answers in, save down a PDF of the responses? 

Anyone else use Automate.io for this? Is there a better way to collect info? 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Thought Leader

Not clear on why a Google Form is being used instead of just using a HubSpot form?
As long as they're constructed properly (i.e., cookie tracking turned off), HubSpot forms work well for internal use too.

Then, of course, there's Zapier! Smiley Happy

All of that being said, seems like an awful lot of extra work when HubSpot CRM data-entry training is readily available and totally free. Just a thought.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

HubSpot Smart Pages

hubspot-solutions-signature-pricing-options-v01.png

Regular Advisor

Hi @HubSpotMaster 

I agree with @MFrankJohnson – if you create HubSpot Forms, instead of Google Forms, life will be much easier.

Sometimes it's hard to teach and old [sales] dog new tricks so you can implement a solution with Automate.io, Zapier or If This Then That.

If you need to do complex operations (e.g. calculations, manipulating data, etc.) then you can create custom code to push data into HubSpot via the HubSpot API.

Have fun

Mike

7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Thought Leader

Not clear on why a Google Form is being used instead of just using a HubSpot form?
As long as they're constructed properly (i.e., cookie tracking turned off), HubSpot forms work well for internal use too.

Then, of course, there's Zapier! Smiley Happy

All of that being said, seems like an awful lot of extra work when HubSpot CRM data-entry training is readily available and totally free. Just a thought.

Best,
Frank

Author, the Perfect HubSpot Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

HubSpot Smart Pages

Regular Advisor

Hi @HubSpotMaster 

I agree with @MFrankJohnson – if you create HubSpot Forms, instead of Google Forms, life will be much easier.

Sometimes it's hard to teach and old [sales] dog new tricks so you can implement a solution with Automate.io, Zapier or If This Then That.

If you need to do complex operations (e.g. calculations, manipulating data, etc.) then you can create custom code to push data into HubSpot via the HubSpot API.

Have fun

Mike

Advisor

@Mike_Eastwood @MFrankJohnson  Thanks for the idea. I'm curious where do you post these forms in the sales process? Are you providing the links to your sales rep to open up a new form with the form link? I have the google forms linked to our internal sales portal. Guess I can do the same with the HubSpot form right? Thoughts? 

0 Upvotes
Community Thought Leader

We enter data directly into HubSpot (via the interface). But, yes. If you'd like to use an internal form instead it's as easy as sharing the link or including it in your sales playbook.

In addition to the native ability to embed HubSpot forms on pages, they also come with their own link -- click for example form.

HubSpot Smart Pages

Regular Advisor

Hey @HubSpotMaster 

Now I have more qustions for you than answers:

1. are your Sales Team using the HubSpot CRM i.e. can they log in?
  2. is the data in the Google Sheets mapping to Custom Properties in your HubSpot CRM?
  3. what HubSpot package are you using?
  4. do you want to jump on a call so I can get a better idea of what you really want?

Curiously

Mike

Advisor

@Mike_Eastwood 

1) Yes they are all using Hubspot CRM

2) I do not have custom fields created in Hubspot, but understand if I make a form then I would need to create the custom properties to have the results saved into HubSpot

3)  Sales Professional

4) I'd be happy to chat. I can connect Friday 1/25 

0 Upvotes
Regular Advisor

Good morning from New Zealand

My calendar is flexible so pick a time that works for you and book yourself in:

https://www.webalite.com/meetings/mike-eastwood/online-meeting

If the timezones don't align for you I'm happy to use your calendar.

Cheers

Mike

0 Upvotes