Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

My reps collect data in Google Forms in the pre sales process. Does anyone have any ideas about how to save this down into the deal? 

Should I make properties to store the answers in, save down a PDF of the responses? 

Anyone else use Automate.io for this? Is there a better way to collect info? 

Thanks!

2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

Not clear on why a Google Form is being used instead of just using a HubSpot form?
As long as they're constructed properly (i.e., cookie tracking turned off), HubSpot forms work well for internal use too.

Then, of course, there's Zapier! 🙂

All of that being said, seems like an awful lot of extra work when HubSpot CRM data-entry training is readily available and totally free. Just a thought.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

Hi @HubSpotMaster 

I agree with @MFrankJohnson – if you create HubSpot Forms, instead of Google Forms, life will be much easier.

Sometimes it's hard to teach and old [sales] dog new tricks so you can implement a solution with Automate.io, Zapier or If This Then That.

If you need to do complex operations (e.g. calculations, manipulating data, etc.) then you can create custom code to push data into HubSpot via the HubSpot API.

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15
JackieAnderson
Participant

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

Needing to use form as a quiz essentially. I was able to figure it out with the scoring property but not being able to prevent multiple form submissions is the hurdle now. I think I need to use google form to do that.

0 Upvotes
CKIRAN

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

The reason would be; Hubspot forms does not let to add elements like ratings.. 

Mike_Eastwood
Solution

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

Hi @HubSpotMaster 

I agree with @MFrankJohnson – if you create HubSpot Forms, instead of Google Forms, life will be much easier.

Sometimes it's hard to teach and old [sales] dog new tricks so you can implement a solution with Automate.io, Zapier or If This Then That.

If you need to do complex operations (e.g. calculations, manipulating data, etc.) then you can create custom code to push data into HubSpot via the HubSpot API.

Have fun

Mike

MDowgwillo
Contributor

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

Question though.

What if the form is data that I don't necessarily have as a contact property?  Like, say, a traing doc-contract signed via google forms vs hubspot.  Or would you recommend I still do it in HS forms and just not make the property a main part of the contact?  I might have just answered my own question but your advice?

0 Upvotes
HubSpotMaster

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

@Mike_Eastwood @MFrankJohnson  Thanks for the idea. I'm curious where do you post these forms in the sales process? Are you providing the links to your sales rep to open up a new form with the form link? I have the google forms linked to our internal sales portal. Guess I can do the same with the HubSpot form right? Thoughts? 

Mike_Eastwood

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

Hey @HubSpotMaster 

Now I have more qustions for you than answers:

1. are your Sales Team using the HubSpot CRM i.e. can they log in?
  2. is the data in the Google Sheets mapping to Custom Properties in your HubSpot CRM?
  3. what HubSpot package are you using?
  4. do you want to jump on a call so I can get a better idea of what you really want?

Curiously

Mike

Suits-N-Tats
Contributor

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

Mike this is exactly what I'm looking to build in today's HS environment...did this ever materialize with @HubSpotMaster and if so could either of you help me?

0 Upvotes
HubSpotMaster

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

@Mike_Eastwood 

1) Yes they are all using Hubspot CRM

2) I do not have custom fields created in Hubspot, but understand if I make a form then I would need to create the custom properties to have the results saved into HubSpot

3)  Sales Professional

4) I'd be happy to chat. I can connect Friday 1/25 

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

Good morning from New Zealand

My calendar is flexible so pick a time that works for you and book yourself in:

https://www.webalite.com/meetings/mike-eastwood/online-meeting

If the timezones don't align for you I'm happy to use your calendar.

Cheers

Mike

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

We enter data directly into HubSpot (via the interface). But, yes. If you'd like to use an internal form instead it's as easy as sharing the link or including it in your sales playbook.

In addition to the native ability to embed HubSpot forms on pages, they also come with their own link -- click for example form.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

Not clear on why a Google Form is being used instead of just using a HubSpot form?
As long as they're constructed properly (i.e., cookie tracking turned off), HubSpot forms work well for internal use too.

Then, of course, there's Zapier! 🙂

All of that being said, seems like an awful lot of extra work when HubSpot CRM data-entry training is readily available and totally free. Just a thought.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
KMcCloud

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

I can't find a selection for Hubspot form multiple-choice grid.  There's single and multi choice but not multi-choice grid.  Hence using Google forms.

0 Upvotes
DKOlsen

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

Hi Frank - how should cookie tracking be turned off / setup to use HubSpot forms internally?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

Hey @DKOlsen while HubSpot has cookie tracking and consent banner settings, your legal team is the best resource to give you compliance advice for your specific business circumstances.

I want to share this helpful knowledge base here.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Suits-N-Tats
Contributor

Google Forms + HubSpot

SOLVE

Would you mind sharing some links to the training on this? I too am looking for a very similar opperation for pre-qualification of potential prospects in a scoring method of 30 total points of 6 sections. I'm looking to have that data from each section also able to query for reporting. 

Any idea of what to look up in the Academy or where we could find this you spoke of?

Thanks

0 Upvotes