Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

TAtwood

Google Email Sync - is slow and unresponsive

The google extension for Hubspot is not behaving well.  This morning, the darn thing hung up transmitting emails for 17 minutes - enough time for me to come over here and write this post.  I have to remove the extension at least 1x every 2 weeks and then reinstall it.  Is this a Hubspot feature that was not shared with our team when we onboarded?  Why is this happening and why, does Hubspot make it so hard to get a solution from their team - they act like nothing is happening - 

3 Replies 3
TAtwood

absolutely 100% total failure.  The HS problem is related to how the logging takes place.  With the HS extension in place, email transmissions often get blocked, stopped, or just don't run.  The failed transmissions email will get sent to the drafts area and it happens to all of us - the entire team.  When we remove the extensions the problem goes away.  So periodically when it gets really bad we just remove the extension, clear our emails and then read the extension.  

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @TAtwood,

I apologize for the business and data impact this has caused.

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this.

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @TAtwood,

Thank you for reaching out. 

We have a great troubleshooting guide for the extension that resolves a good majority or any problems or slowness that may be occurring which I would recommend checking the steps here.

Could you also please ensure that you have the most updated version of your browser and that your browser cache is cleared? (more information here). I would also recommend deactivating any extensions in your browser and check if this could help with the slow loading. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !