Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

T_Dog
Participant

Getting Forms to work

SOLVE

Scenario: As part of my sales process I ask prospects to fill out a 'business background questionaire' before my first phone consultation with them. I currently do this via a Google Form, for whivh I send the same URL to each prospect. Google lets me view each of the completed forms individually.

Desired Outcome: Send a HS Form which I can then view for each prospect individually (as I can with Google Form and and MSFT Forms)

Experience so far: If I send the same link to mulitple people I can't see their results individually. Not all, if any, data is coming through to the Contact's page within the CRM, and that that is visible is not complete and presented in a different order in which it was asked.

How do I get a completed Form for each prospect? Do I need to clone the form each time - which makes e-mail templates to invite people to fill the form in tricky? How do I get to easily see a Contact's answers from within the CRM?

I know there's some basics I'm missing, but I've spent hours on this and getting know where.

Thanks in advance

I'm currently using the free version (soon to upgrade once I master the basics)

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Getting Forms to work

SOLVE

Hi @T_Dog,

Have you checked the Submissions tab of the form itself (find form, click on it, switch tab)? You can click Manage columns to display the fields that you're interested in.

The only other option that I see is exporting a file including the data that you're looking for. You would navigate to Contacts > Contacts, click More filters to filter your view by contacts who have submitted the form, click Table actions to Edit columns (pick the ones that correspond to your form) and then Export view, also explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-customize-and-manage-your-saved-views

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Getting Forms to work

SOLVE

Hi @T_Dog,

It seems like you've hit the limitations of the products then. Aside from what I've described above, there are no other workarounds within HubSpot. It's simply currently not possible.

You could switch from HubSpot forms to a survey tool that integrates with HubSpot fulfills your requirements: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12
T_Dog
Participant

Getting Forms to work

SOLVE

I have spoken to them this morning and they agreed that it was very odd. They drew a blank but are looking into it.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Getting Forms to work

SOLVE

Hi @T_Dog,

To clarify, from a software development standpoint this is doable, sure, probably not a priority for the dev team. But from a user standpoint, working with the tool as is, it's currently not possible to visualize the data in a way that you're looking for.

If you feel strongly about this feature, I suggest you post it in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these suggestions: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
T_Dog
Participant

Getting Forms to work

SOLVE

Not sure I agree wiht that. HS is able to provide the answers to the questions on the Form in the right order (as it does in an XLSX export), but isn't doing so elsewhere in the platform. It's not that HB can't display things correctly, it's just not doing so where it needs to! 

Will probably go back to Google Forms at this rate... which I don't want to do.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Getting Forms to work

SOLVE

Hi @T_Dog

In the Submissions tab of the form, you can click Manage columns, select the ones you need and arrange them in the desired order via drag and drop. There is no way to do this automatically.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
T_Dog
Participant

Getting Forms to work

SOLVE

I tried that, but it looks like there is a max amount of columns that's allowed (60). My form has just over 60 quiestions so I can't add all of these. And from what I see this only displays the collected data in the Submissions page. I'd idealy like the data to be available in the Activoty feed... which it is, but not in the right order.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Getting Forms to work

SOLVE

Hi @T_Dog,

It seems like you've hit the limitations of the products then. Aside from what I've described above, there are no other workarounds within HubSpot. It's simply currently not possible.

You could switch from HubSpot forms to a survey tool that integrates with HubSpot fulfills your requirements: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

T_Dog
Participant

Getting Forms to work

SOLVE

I'm avctulaly not set up. I really need the Submissions' data to be pres eted in the Activity field in the order in whcih they were asked in the Form - at the moment I have to scroll around looking for the data I need. Esprtiginto Excel is fiddly as there is manual formatting I have to do the make the dta readable.

Feels like we're nearly there, just need to find the place where I can awitchof alphabetical listing of Form fields.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Getting Forms to work

SOLVE

Hi @T_Dog

Not everything in HubSpot is always perfectly logical 😉 Glad you're set up now. If my my posts above were helpful, you can help the community by marking them as solution.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
T_Dog
Participant

Getting Forms to work

SOLVE

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunatley this doesn't quite give me what I need. Ultimatley I need to see all the repsonses - for just the one prosect, in the right order from within their Contact record, and be able to print out their responses too (should I want to take them to an offline meeting). And be able to send the same URL to all prosects that I ask to fill in the form. I can do this with Google Forms very very easily, so puzzled as to why I can't do this as easily within HB

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Getting Forms to work

SOLVE

Hi @T_Dog,

Have you checked the Submissions tab of the form itself (find form, click on it, switch tab)? You can click Manage columns to display the fields that you're interested in.

The only other option that I see is exporting a file including the data that you're looking for. You would navigate to Contacts > Contacts, click More filters to filter your view by contacts who have submitted the form, click Table actions to Edit columns (pick the ones that correspond to your form) and then Export view, also explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-customize-and-manage-your-saved-views

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

T_Dog
Participant

Getting Forms to work

SOLVE

This is odd. When I export the submission to XLSX all the data is there, in the right order, but when I look at the Submission in the Activty List (which after your help is now displaying 🙂) the data/answers are presented in alphabetical order, rather than the order they were asked in the Form

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Getting Forms to work

SOLVE

Hi @T_Dog,

In the free CRM, you should be able to enable form submission notifications, see here. Whenever a form is submitted, you will receive an email, with the form fields and values in the same order as they are in the form.

The other option would indeed be to filter the timeline activity on the contact record by form submissions (and only see updated values).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler