Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

VChoquette
Participante

Gated 'smart' content

resolver

I would like to know whether it would be possible (or advisable!) to have customer only resources gated via smart content. For instance, if I had a resource page with open content accessible to all visitors (case studies, etc) could I include additional resources that are only visible if a visitor is flagged as a customer? 

It seems like this could work, but am curious if there are issues that I am overlooking. I haven't used smart content before so could be misunderstanding some of the functionality.  Would love any feedback on this idea. 

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Phil_Vallender
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

Gated 'smart' content

resolver

Hi @VChoquette 

This could work - as in you could use smart content to reveal certain things to 'customer' contacts only. However, the smart content function will only work as long as the visitior has an active cookie telling HubSpot who they are in your database, so there is a chance that some customers will not see the content - if they clear browsing data or change machine for example. 

The other ways you could tackle this could be:

• Non-indexed pages at URL specifically for customers - could be viewed by anyone if found however
  • Password protected pages or membership content 

Hope this helps? 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
VChoquette
Participante

Gated 'smart' content

resolver

Thank you! I will investigate membership content more as it sounds quite promising.

Phil_Vallender
Solução

Gated 'smart' content

resolver

Hi @VChoquette 

This could work - as in you could use smart content to reveal certain things to 'customer' contacts only. However, the smart content function will only work as long as the visitior has an active cookie telling HubSpot who they are in your database, so there is a chance that some customers will not see the content - if they clear browsing data or change machine for example. 

The other ways you could tackle this could be:

• Non-indexed pages at URL specifically for customers - could be viewed by anyone if found however
  • Password protected pages or membership content 

Hope this helps? 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency