Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

niederberger
Participant

From Quotes to Invoices

SOLVE

Hello. I'm curious as soon as I sent a Quote out and the customer send an email back and he wants to work with us. How do i turn that into an invoice? Do I need an AddIn for that? Thx, Thomas.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

From Quotes to Invoices

SOLVE

Hi @niederberger,

This indeed requires a third-party solution, it's currently not a feature within HubSpot. You can find integration partners for invoicing on the HubSpot App Marketplace: The Best 37 Apps for HubSpot

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
ZCox7

From Quotes to Invoices

SOLVE

I've built an integration tool that turns quotes into Quickbooks invoices when the deals are updated.

Check it out here if you want a demo -- you can schedule a call if you want to learn more!

0 Upvotes
ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

From Quotes to Invoices

SOLVE

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm a product manager here at HubSpot. I wanted to let y'all know that since this thread was posted, we've developed a native HubSpot Invoicing solution and we're actively recruiting for the Invoices Beta. If you're interested, fill out this form and I'll reach out. Keep in mind, invoice creation requires that you are using HubSpot payments (which is a Starter+ feature), so you will need to apply for payments if you do not already have access. Learn more about applying here.

Invoices can be created directly from Contacts, Companies, Deals, or Quotes (and will pull in associated object information) to speed up your sales process and reduce the risk of human error. Invoices are payable via HubSpot payments (both ACH and Credit Card), and can also be marked as paid manually if payment is received outside of HubSpot payments (e.g. wire transfer, check, PayPal, etc). Invoices are also available in Reporting and Automation to enable you to create time-saving automation and keep a pulse on your revenue and their receivables.

The feature is under active development, so there are a few gaps. You can read our full documentation and FAQs here, but the most common blockers are:

• The HubSpot <> Quickbooks integration (and all other accounting integrations) do not yet support invoice-sync.
  • Invoice sending is manual (for now), so invoices cannot be automatically sent on a pre-set schedule.

The beta is a great fit for small businesses who want to centralize their invoicing and reduce the number of tools they use to send invoices and get paid. Fill out the form if you would like access, or pass it along to someone you know who could benefit. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
JNichols61
Participant

From Quotes to Invoices

SOLVE

Hi @ethankopit, is the ablity to convert a quote to an invoice live?

0 Upvotes
TuMa
Contributor

From Quotes to Invoices

SOLVE

Hi Ethan,

Great you are working on this. 

I am not sure from your post if the quote-to-invoice feature is already live. We would like to start using it. Also in the invoice we should be able to add custom fields from company properties e.g. we added in our company fields client VAT number, registration number with local commerce registry, as these were not native within Hubspot's native company fields. 

Also we agree with previous comments that HS Invoicing should not be conditional on using HS payments. This being said, we would like to use HS payments -> but unfortunately is not yet available in the Netherlands; when do you expect this? We would like to know if we should start exploring a 3rd party (e.g. Stripe) integration. 

Thank you.

Best,

Tudor

Gui_R
Participant

From Quotes to Invoices

SOLVE

Hi @ethankopit,

Great news that this is being worked on. I have left comments in the Documentation doc. Here are the two critical points for us:

• HubSpot Payments should not be made mandatory. First, it is only available in the USA. Secondly, as most larger organisation working on BtoB market with Quote-PO-Invoice processes, our payment will be received via bank transfert and directly recorded in our accounting tool, not the CRM. Hence we will never use HubSpot Payments.
  • Invoices should not be send automatically. It should be an option. 

In our process, it will be gread to either create invoice in Hubspot and Sync them to our accounting tool (Xero), or pull Invoices from Xero to HubSpot. This allows our Sales team to confirm the content of the Invoice.

Then, Payment would be Sync from Xero to HubSpot.

Have a nice day,

Gui

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

From Quotes to Invoices

SOLVE

Hi @niederberger,

This indeed requires a third-party solution, it's currently not a feature within HubSpot. You can find integration partners for invoicing on the HubSpot App Marketplace: The Best 37 Apps for HubSpot

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

TScott5
Participant

From Quotes to Invoices

SOLVE

Can you tell me if the free version of Hubspot let's you use quotes. I'm getting empty zip files when I send myself the quote. Is this a limitation of the free version? 

0 Upvotes
niederberger
Participant

From Quotes to Invoices

SOLVE

Thank You. Do you have a personal recomandation for the use in Switzerland as there are so many :)? Thx, Thomas.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

From Quotes to Invoices

SOLVE

Hi @niederberger,

This depends a bit on your exact requirements, I would start by looking at QuickBooks. They have multi-currency support, you can see an overview here: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/eu/pricing/

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes