Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JohnS63
投稿者

Forms - Best Practice?

解決

What's the best practice for forms? Should there be one form per campaign, one form per advert, one form per channel (e.g. PPC) or some other best practice?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Phil_Vallender
解決策
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

Forms - Best Practice?

解決

Hi @JohnS63

There is no universal best practice, but here are some thoughts that I've developed over the years:

Given the ability to progressivly profile contacts using smart form fields, and that fact that every form conversion is tracked along with the page it was submitted on, you only need very few forms. 

I tend to recommend a form for each of the following:

• A form for the top of the funnel - short enough but with plenty of queued questions for when contacts reconvert
  • A form for the bottom of the funnel - longer form with more questions that asks everything you need to know to commit to your BOFU offer
  • Contact form - for general purpose website contacts

if you start out with just these forms, your data will be highly consistent. And, if you want to roll-out a change, its easy to apply site-wide. 

Forms can not be assigned to campaigns, only pages, so there is little **bleep**, I think, in creating a form per campaign. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

元の投稿で解決策を見る

5件の返信
Phil_Vallender
解決策

Forms - Best Practice?

解決

Hi @JohnS63

There is no universal best practice, but here are some thoughts that I've developed over the years:

Given the ability to progressivly profile contacts using smart form fields, and that fact that every form conversion is tracked along with the page it was submitted on, you only need very few forms. 

I tend to recommend a form for each of the following:

• A form for the top of the funnel - short enough but with plenty of queued questions for when contacts reconvert
  • A form for the bottom of the funnel - longer form with more questions that asks everything you need to know to commit to your BOFU offer
  • Contact form - for general purpose website contacts

if you start out with just these forms, your data will be highly consistent. And, if you want to roll-out a change, its easy to apply site-wide. 

Forms can not be assigned to campaigns, only pages, so there is little **bleep**, I think, in creating a form per campaign. 

Hope this helps.

JohnS63
投稿者

Forms - Best Practice?

解決

Hi Phil, 

Just on this point, if you have multiple active campaigns running to a single landing page, is there a way to track which contacts came from which campaigns?

Thanks,

0 いいね!
KatieSchieder
投稿者 | Solutions Partner
投稿者 | Solutions Partner

Forms - Best Practice?

解決

I would also suggest using UTM links to get granular with your tracking. These can be identified in HubSpot as well as Google Analytics.

0 いいね!
Phil_Vallender

Forms - Best Practice?

解決

Hi @JohnS63

Depends what you mean by campaign. 

Landing pages can only be assigned to one HubSpot campaign, so you can only ever have one campaign counting the leads from an individual landing page. 

If you mean advertising campaign, then, with proper tracking set up, you will always be able to tell which campaign generated the lead, regardless of the landing page they converted on. 

Hope that helps.

JohnS63
投稿者

Forms - Best Practice?

解決

Hi Phil, 

Thanks for your response - I appreciate it. That's a good place for me to start!

0 いいね!