Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

BUslu
Contributor

Finding leads filling multiple forms

SOLVE

I'm looking forward to finding the leads who fills multiple forms (registers to multiple events/campaigns) and understand the most marketing resource-consuming users. 

Forms data isn't available to use at the custom reports section.

Could you please how to do it ?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BUslu,

You're correct, this information is not easily accessible in reports. Sometimes First conversion or Recent conversion can be used for this but not really in this case.

The way I'd approach this is as follow:

1. Create a custom multiple checkboxes property with options corresponding to your campaigns.
  2. Create a workflow for each campaign that enrolls contacts when they submit one of the forms associated to that specific campaign, e.g. if campaign A has forms 1, 2, and 3; create one workflow that enrolls contacts when they submit form 1, 2, or 3.
  3. In that workflow, after enrolling contacts, use the Set property value action and append the correct campaign option to the property created in step 1.
  4. Create a report based on the property from step 1.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

nlafakis
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Sorry it took me a bit, it's been busy here 😝

So if it's a scope, and you mean a date range, then that's also possible by adding a filter to the report:

nlafakis_0-1655991061423.png

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BUslu,

You're correct, this information is not easily accessible in reports. Sometimes First conversion or Recent conversion can be used for this but not really in this case.

The way I'd approach this is as follow:

1. Create a custom multiple checkboxes property with options corresponding to your campaigns.
  2. Create a workflow for each campaign that enrolls contacts when they submit one of the forms associated to that specific campaign, e.g. if campaign A has forms 1, 2, and 3; create one workflow that enrolls contacts when they submit form 1, 2, or 3.
  3. In that workflow, after enrolling contacts, use the Set property value action and append the correct campaign option to the property created in step 1.
  4. Create a report based on the property from step 1.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@BUslu I'm not sure what type of report you are trying to build or what you hope to gain from the information, but one thing you might want to look into is setting up a score property for your contacts so you can use that to identify the leads who are filling out the most forms.

Here is the knowledge base article on how to set up score properties.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

BUslu
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Jnix284 

Thanks!

As mentioned, I'm looking for people who attended multiple events - via filling multiple forms- across select list of forms/campaigns.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

SOLVE

Are your events constantly changing or are they the same events? There are many ways to tackle this, just trying to understand what you hope to get out of it - for example, are you trying to create a list so you can market to them? are you trying to identify MQLs? are you trying to exclude them so they don't get multiple follow up emails?

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

BUslu
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks! Event names don't change  but attendees do increase.

In this case I have 5 forms attached to a campaign. I would like to find out users who filled multiple forms as a starting point. I would like to place these leads to a specific sequence and/or route them to a specific sales rep.

0 Upvotes
nlafakis

SOLVE

I'm not saying this is the best answer, but what I think you're looking to do is create an Active List with those contacts in it. You could then create a report from that list, and use that within a dashboard for reporting.

The active list you create, would contain the forms you want to look at as part of their filtering method for populating the list.

BUslu
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey thanks @nlafakis tried it, however still I get stuck at finding the # of select campaigns attended. I could see how many forms in total users submitted through "number of forms submitted" field across all marketing campaigns, just not across the campaigns I would like to see.

0 Upvotes
nlafakis

SOLVE

So you mean a report like this wouldn't work? Where you can see # of unique form submissions as well as which forms were submitted on?

The names in this report are pulled from a list membership which can contain form fills from the 5 forms that you mentioned, and it would show it regardless of marketing campaign it would simply be unique number of form fills per contact.

nlafakis_0-1655839261021.png

BUslu
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks a lot! This is a lot of work. Really appreciated.

The ask is to see the forms submitted within a scope. In this report, we could see how many forms leads have filled in total which could go north of the number of forms in my campaign.

nlafakis
Solution

SOLVE

Sorry it took me a bit, it's been busy here 😝

So if it's a scope, and you mean a date range, then that's also possible by adding a filter to the report:

nlafakis_0-1655991061423.png