Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Sarah_K
Participante

Files - Replacing a new PDF with an old one

resolver

Hi! According to this article (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Blog-Website-Page-Publishing/Replacing-PDFs/m-p/176579) I should have a place to replacet the PDF I have uploaded, but these screen shots look like a slightly older interface. I don't have the option to replace.  I can copy the URL or I can open it in a new window but it doesn't give me the place to replace it here. It also isn't showing up as being used on a landing page, but maybe that won't show up here.

Is there a new or another way to replace files w/o changing the URLs? Almost like a check-out check-in! Thanks for any help any one can provide.Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 8.43.45 AM.png

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

Q: I should have a place to replacet the PDF I have uploaded?

Short A: You are correct.

Longer A:

- (see image)hubspot-marketing-files.png

- (see image)

hubspot-marketing-files-gif.gif

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

jwiedenheft
Solución
Colaborador

resolver
If you “replace” the file, then the link should stay the same. I just tested this and confirmed with both an image and a PDF.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

15 Respuestas 15
jleow
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

resolver

Hi @JMayne @SMeyer28,

Currently there isn't a way to force a fresh view of the file from HubSpot's end. But if you're manually sharing the file with the user or as a link on a page, you can add a query string to the file URL and this should force a refresh of the cached link. 

For example, instead of sharing the URL: 
https://12345.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/12345/Image%20One.jpg 

You can share the same URL with a query string instead: 
https://12345.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/12345/Image%20One.jpg?ver=2

This seems to be a method called "cache busting", and it's further discussed here. Hope this helps! 

DianaGomez
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @jleow, i hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing 😊

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

jwiedenheft
Colaborador

resolver

@ABR - Looks like Videos might be treated differently than other files right now. Here's another post describing your issue: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/File-Manager-Video-Replacement/idi-p/341029 

0 Me gusta
MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

resolver

Q: I should have a place to replacet the PDF I have uploaded?

Short A: You are correct.

Longer A:

- (see image)hubspot-marketing-files.png

- (see image)

hubspot-marketing-files-gif.gif

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
LdeLeon20
Miembro

resolver

Hello, if I replace a file that has been emailed out via a link in a hubspot email, will the link be directed automatically to the new file? or will there be an error?

Our issue is that a mistake was found on the attached file and we need to update the file without having to resend the email to the distribution list.

Thank you!

0 Me gusta
ABR
Miembro

resolver

In the Video folder in File Manager Tool,  when I navigate to a video and click directly on the file, I do not see the Replace button option in the slide-in pane.  Only Download, Archive and Delete are available.  Where is the Replace button?

Thank you 

0 Me gusta
Sarah_K
Participante

resolver

Thank you! Thanks to you I was able to figure out where to go to replace the link, but when it's loading as replaced, the same file is still showing up. Not sure. User error?

MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

resolver

You'll need to refresh the screen (and maybe even clear the cache).

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
JMayne
Participante

resolver

Is there a way to force a fresh view of the file? I.e. we're sending out emails to contacts to view the 2021 version of a file that they likely will have downloaded the 2020 version. Can we do something to ensure they see the latest version rather than the 2020 one they have in their cache?

jwiedenheft
Colaborador

resolver

If it's been a year or even more than a month, the browser cache should be clear. The contacts should be able to visit the link and it'll download the new version. 

0 Me gusta
SMeyer28
Participante

resolver

Does anyone have an answer to this? Clearing the cache does fix the issue for me, but as the customers, they won't know that they need to be clearing their cache if they have previously downloaded this file before. Is there a workaround for this?

0 Me gusta
jwiedenheft
Colaborador

resolver

If they've already downloaded the file, they will need to re-download. 

If they recently downloaded the file, they'll probably need to clear their cache or use a browser they don't normally use (ex. download using Edge instead of Chrome.) An incognito window will also solve the issue.

0 Me gusta
LdeLeon20
Miembro

resolver

Thank you! So just to confirm, they won't get an error message? they'll either get the old file or the new file depending on whether they've cleared the cache or not? Some recipients haven't clicked the link yet, so they should get the new file when they do? And the url doesn't change?

Thanks again. 

0 Me gusta
jwiedenheft
Solución
Colaborador

resolver
If you “replace” the file, then the link should stay the same. I just tested this and confirmed with both an image and a PDF.
LdeLeon20
Miembro

resolver

great! thank you!

0 Me gusta