Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

DarrenSimons
Participant

Field dropdown error checks

SOLVE

We use Hubspot extensively, notably workflows, lists and emails - but I've got an issue around error checking on Lists and Workflows which I would appreciate guidance on.

In this example, I have changed the available options for the property called Channel on a Contact.  I was able to do that only once the number of contacts who had the deleted property was reduced to zero.  Hubspot properties show the number of contacts with a particular option and only allow you to delete the option once it has zero associations.

However, there doesn’t seem to be any checks on Lists or Workflows.  For example this active list:

DarrenSimons_0-1651049639767.png

In this case, the List shows that there’s 2 errors because Channel is permitted a value which is no longer there.

However, I can’t figure out where in Hubspot I can get a list of all lists which have an error.  Can you help?   I would like to get a list of all lists and workflows where errors as above are present.  If I need to do it via API that’s fine

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jonchim
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

hello @DarrenSimons,

Inside of the workflows tool, on the top left you should be able to see which workflows have errors when you tab to it, if it is picking up any errors at all.Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 8.25.51 AM.png

When editing the property you should be able to see it being used in workflows as well.

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 8.28.43 AM.png

I'm not sure how to find a list of all lists with errors. I'll defer to other hs experts 

Jon Chim
VP of Design & Development
Hypha HubSpot Development

check Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
DarrenSimons
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you.  That definitely helps on the workflow one.  On reflection, it's the List one that is more of a problem for me.  Any ideas how to find a list of lists with errors?  Thank you

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @DarrenSimons, thank you for providing detailed information such as screenshots of what is happening. I would like to add our top experts to this conversation @louischausse @jonchim @StefaniUAT any recommendations to @DarrenSimons matter?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

jonchim
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

hello @DarrenSimons,

Inside of the workflows tool, on the top left you should be able to see which workflows have errors when you tab to it, if it is picking up any errors at all.Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 8.25.51 AM.png

When editing the property you should be able to see it being used in workflows as well.

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 8.28.43 AM.png

I'm not sure how to find a list of all lists with errors. I'll defer to other hs experts 

Jon Chim
VP of Design & Development
Hypha HubSpot Development

check Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution