Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

FHugi
Participant

Feedback score from deal to contact

SOLVE

Hi,

Situation:

we are a matchmaking platform for the CNC industry, meaning our contacts can be buyers and/or manufacturers, and can take part on different deals over time, either as a buyer or as a manufacturer. Once the deal is closed won, we want to get a feedback from the buyer about the manufacturer, and vice versa. Since each can have many deals, we want to average the feedback on contact level.

Objective:

If the contact is a buyer on a deal, only consider the buyer reviews for his contact profile. Then, compute the average of all the reviews he/she has gotten over time.

Ex.:
Contact 1 is a buyer for deals A,B and a manufacturer for deal C.

Deal A:

- quality of communication buyer: 5

- quality of communication manufacturer: 1

Deal B:

- quality of communication buyer: 10

- quality of communication manufacturer: 3

Deal C:

- quality of communication buyer: 1

- quality of communication manufacturer: 20

Contact 1:

average buyer reviews for his communication: 7.5 (A+B)

average manufacturer reviews for his communication: 20 (C)

Issue:

The workflow cannot push deal information into contact level based on contact specification (I.e. only option is IF: "At least one associated contact is a buyer", which isn't a solution. What I want is IF: "contact type = buyer", then push buyer's reviews for this contact only, and do not push the manufacturer's reviews)

Question: anyone has an idea how i can do that?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @FHugi,

This sounds like a complex setup and it's hard to assess this without seeing all of the workflows and dependencies.

@FHugi wrote:

What I want is IF: "contact type = buyer", then push buyer's reviews for this contact only, and do not push the manufacturer's reviews)

This, unfortunately, is not possible at this stage. HubSpot isn't there yet and I'm not aware of any workarounds. If there is a solution, you'd have to approach this from the contact's side. If a contact is associated with at least one deal that has x, then set a property value to y. Since you're working with decimal numbers, you couldn't possibly create the amount of if/then branches needed to account for all potential x values. You'd have to look into custom code.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @FHugi,

This sounds like a complex setup and it's hard to assess this without seeing all of the workflows and dependencies.

@FHugi wrote:

What I want is IF: "contact type = buyer", then push buyer's reviews for this contact only, and do not push the manufacturer's reviews)

This, unfortunately, is not possible at this stage. HubSpot isn't there yet and I'm not aware of any workarounds. If there is a solution, you'd have to approach this from the contact's side. If a contact is associated with at least one deal that has x, then set a property value to y. Since you're working with decimal numbers, you couldn't possibly create the amount of if/then branches needed to account for all potential x values. You'd have to look into custom code.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.