Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Edyta7510
Ratgeber/-in

Email to existing customers pointing to a pdf resource

lösung

Hi All, 

We're going to release an industry report soon. 

For prospects it will be available as a gated resource (LP with a form, after form is submitted they land on a TY page and report is sent to them by email). 

For existing customers (in our CRM database), I'm planning to send an email. 

Should I point them to a LP that has a CTA to download an ungated report or should I rather point them directly to a pdf report hosted in HubSpot? 

I want to make sure the activity is properly tracked + obviously the experience is smooth. 

Thanks!

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @Edyta7510,

Great thinking, a lot of the times marketers are forcing their customers to jump through hoops again and again. How exactly you want to set this up depends on how you want to track it.

For a smooth experience, I think there are two options. If you're working with a landing page / thank you page set up (contacts submits form on landing page, is then redirected to thank you page that has the actual content), you could send prospects to the landing page and customers straight to the thank you page. The customer activity wouldn't register as a form submission but you could still easily build lists and reports based on the thank you page view.

Alternatively, you could send customers a link to the PDF directly, right from the email. Here as well you'd be able to report on engagement with the PDF by creating a list of contacts who clicked the link in the email.

Let me know if you had planned to track this any differently or if you have follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
Edyta7510
Ratgeber/-in

lösung

thanks @karstenkoehler 

The Thank you page for prospects doesn't have a link to the resource -  in fact, we send it over by email. This is to minimize dummy emails being entered in the form. There is obviously a prompt on the form saying the asset will be sent over by email. 

In this case, I'm going to send customers a link to the PDF directly - I'll build a list of those who clicked the link in the email! I assume I can select which link they clicked ( do not want to capture those who unsubscribed ) - although this should not be the case 🙂

Thanks!

karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @Edyta7510,

Great thinking, a lot of the times marketers are forcing their customers to jump through hoops again and again. How exactly you want to set this up depends on how you want to track it.

For a smooth experience, I think there are two options. If you're working with a landing page / thank you page set up (contacts submits form on landing page, is then redirected to thank you page that has the actual content), you could send prospects to the landing page and customers straight to the thank you page. The customer activity wouldn't register as a form submission but you could still easily build lists and reports based on the thank you page view.

Alternatively, you could send customers a link to the PDF directly, right from the email. Here as well you'd be able to report on engagement with the PDF by creating a list of contacts who clicked the link in the email.

Let me know if you had planned to track this any differently or if you have follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.