Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AONeill7

Email notification that a client has unsubscribed

SOLVE

Good Afternoon

I've added a workflow that notifies the client owner that they have unsubscribed from an email/marketing circulation. 

That's working ok but it doesn't tell the client owner which client has unsubscribed and from which particular email circulation.

Can I tweak it to add that info?

AONeill7_0-1674062123193.png

Many thanks 

Alison

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AONeill7,

In the notification body, you can use personalization tokens to dynamically include First name, Last name, Email. (There should be a 'Personalize' button in the body editor.)

You can also include a link to the contact record. To do so, open any contact record in your CRM and copy the link from the address bar in your browser. Paste that link into your notification and then replace the number at the end of the URL with a personalization token for Contact ID or Record ID. HubSpot will again automatically generate the link from this:

karstenkoehler_0-1674064369600.png

Let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AONeill7,

If you want to test the workflow under live conditions without having to wait, simply create a fictional contact and manually unsubscribe it:

karstenkoehler_1-1674064454264.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AONeill7,

In the notification body, you can use personalization tokens to dynamically include First name, Last name, Email. (There should be a 'Personalize' button in the body editor.)

You can also include a link to the contact record. To do so, open any contact record in your CRM and copy the link from the address bar in your browser. Paste that link into your notification and then replace the number at the end of the URL with a personalization token for Contact ID or Record ID. HubSpot will again automatically generate the link from this:

karstenkoehler_0-1674064369600.png

Let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
AONeill7

SOLVE

Many thanks Karsten.  I've followed your instructions and now we just need someone to unsubscribe so I know it works!

Best wishes

Alison

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AONeill7,

If you want to test the workflow under live conditions without having to wait, simply create a fictional contact and manually unsubscribe it:

karstenkoehler_1-1674064454264.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes