Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

mbrammer18
Contributor

Easiest way to capture AR/Legal/Support Contact Information and marry to a Company Record

SOLVE

We're trying to ensure we have the correct accounting, support, and key contact information for each customer on file to make it easier to communicate AR or legal items directly to the relevant contact versus a middleman.

I know I can create a hosted form with custom properties to send to the current clients and then marry the information captured in the form with a workflow to sync it to a custom property on the company side. That said, I know these contacts will count against our contact record count (that's fine) and we can segment them out of marketing communications and emails. But, is there a easier way to capture this information than a form/workflow scenario, other than manual data entry? Is there a such thing as a widget or a third-party HubSpot connector that would allow us to capture that information directly on the company profile without creating a form or workflow?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ajchapman20
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Easiest way to capture AR/Legal/Support Contact Information and marry to a Company Record

SOLVE

To confirm, it sounds like your goal is to be able to have your clients send you their company information, and have that information go straight into their company record rather than their individual contact record - do I have this right?

If so, I'm afraid there's not a built-in way to accomplish this (aside from the Form > Contact record > Workflow > Company record workaround you already mentioned). Generally, the contact record tends to be the center of the HubSpot universe, and the only way for a non-HubSpot user to update a company record is to build the sort of automation you described.

It may be possible for a developer to build a custom automation outside of HubSpot using the Companies API to update the record: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/companies/companies-overview

This would not be something HubSpot could help you build or maintain, so if you don't have an in-house developer to work with, your best option would be to working with a professional designer from our partner directory. Our Developers forum would also be a good resource if you run into any roadblocks.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ajchapman20
Solution

SOLVE

To confirm, it sounds like your goal is to be able to have your clients send you their company information, and have that information go straight into their company record rather than their individual contact record - do I have this right?

If so, I'm afraid there's not a built-in way to accomplish this (aside from the Form > Contact record > Workflow > Company record workaround you already mentioned). Generally, the contact record tends to be the center of the HubSpot universe, and the only way for a non-HubSpot user to update a company record is to build the sort of automation you described.

It may be possible for a developer to build a custom automation outside of HubSpot using the Companies API to update the record: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/companies/companies-overview

This would not be something HubSpot could help you build or maintain, so if you don't have an in-house developer to work with, your best option would be to working with a professional designer from our partner directory. Our Developers forum would also be a good resource if you run into any roadblocks.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert
mbrammer18
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Alex-

Yep, that is correct. The Contact record is helpful for the one to one communications but the Company record drives our billing and AR. Realistically it can live in both areas but we would need to the Contact to fill in the information that would power the Company record. 

Thanks for the feedback! We do have a development team that could work within the API but need to weigh which resource to dedicate this to - marketing to build the form and auotmation, or dev to build the connection with the API. 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I will pass this along to the team and go from there.

Michelle

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @mbrammer18

Based on my experience I think the workflow will be the best functionality to achieve this. You can also try to sync with information via API, however, you will need to work with a developer to implement this alternative.

We could ask some of our experts to see if they have any thoughts about this.

Hey @Josh , @MatthewShepherd @Phil_Vallender could you please share your experience with @mbrammer18 ?

Thank you

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes