Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

maroni
Participante

Domain Verification Implications

Hi, 

I recently took over a Hubspot instance and realized that when sending emails, any link to the company homepage first tries to load with the Hubspot page domain rather than the company domain. Once the Hubspot page domain doesn't load, the URL/domain actually used in the email build loads. The page loads fine, but this step does add latency.

I believe this is because only the hubspot domain is verified, and not the company domain. To add to this, the hubspot domain uses an old company domain. I was wondering, do I need to verify the company domain to avoid the issue above? Do I need to update the Hubspot domain to reflect the new company domain? Are there any risks of changing the DNS records to complete the verification?

Note, I have no interest of using Hubspot to edit or publish pages on the company domain as we are using Wordpress to do so.

Current domains

- Hubspot domain (verified): resources.old-company-domain.com

- Company domain (not verified): company-domain.com

Thanks so much for your help! 

-M

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Respostas 2
PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hello, @maroni thank you for providing all this information! Let's get this conversation started by adding out top experts to this conversation @rlopez@Ben_M any recommendations for @maroni?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

maroni
Participante

Thank you for your help @PamCotton, looking forward to hearing back from the team