Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

RichardM50
Participant

Doing a mail-merge to HubSpot contacts

Résolue

I want to write out to a large number of our HubSpot contacts with a physical letter enclosing an updated brochure, leaving a History on the contact to record what date it was send - using HubSpot fields to populate the form letter to personalise it.  I realise that I can export contacts to do this outside of HubSpot but obviously this won't leave any history.  Is there a way to achieve this?   Updating History on each contact one by one isn't really practical.

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @RichardM50,

It's easy to import notes into HubSpot. While it's not perfectly accurate (and it would be nicer to log it as an actual snailmail send), I think this is the best option.

After exporting your contacts from HubSpot, you could re-import the list of those contacts which were mailed and add a note with the content of the send.

You can find an example of a notes import here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-your-import-file#multiple-objects-with-associations

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
RichardM50
Participant

Résolue

Seems way behind our previous CRM - Act! Where it was all done WITHIN the software - even storing a copy of the letter send in each customer record.  Having to Export and Import again seems a little ridiculous - more a workaround than a solution.

karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @RichardM50,

It's easy to import notes into HubSpot. While it's not perfectly accurate (and it would be nicer to log it as an actual snailmail send), I think this is the best option.

After exporting your contacts from HubSpot, you could re-import the list of those contacts which were mailed and add a note with the content of the send.

You can find an example of a notes import here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-your-import-file#multiple-objects-with-associations

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.