Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Dan1
Guide

Does anyone have any tips for handling the customer handover process?

Hi, 

We run a B2B SAAS business and we have 2 handovers within our sales process: 

1) Sales Development Rep to Account Exec 

2) Account Exec to Customer Success Manager 

I have put together a 3 min video which details how we do this from within the HubSpot CRM.  By Sharing this I hope it helps other users, but I would also like to see if anyone has any suggestions or tips for improvements? 

Thanks, 

Dan 

10 Replies 10
Nadine_N
Contributor

Thanks Dan.

This is very good!

0 Upvotes
KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

What a great use of snippets--love it!

Dan1
Guide

@KyleJepson snippets are awesome,  so simple and they save a lot of time!!! Props to the HubSpot Dev team for that feature. 

Bettinarf
Contributor

Hi Dan, how do you handle the contacts historical information if a person has left the company and is now working for another company?

Ex. I have a sales rep dealing with a prospect and the contact whom he was trying to sell left the company and now we are talking to the same contact but within the new company. 

How do you keep track of all this information without loosing it? through the notes/snippets you place on the contact?

Do you create a new contact for the same person and you keep the old contact alive?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Dan1
Guide

Hi @Bettinarf , 

A HubSpot Moderator explains this in the link below in a much better way than I could 🙂 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/APIs-Integrations/Notes-on-Contacts-that-Move-to-a-Different-Compan...

I hope this helps, 

Dan

Bettinarf
Contributor

thank you very much Dan!

0 Upvotes
KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Also, that org chart thing you built is super slick.

For anyone who's interested, Dan built that, and you can get it here: www.orgcharthub.com

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Dan1  Thanks for this great resource! I'm sure the prime minister's Brexit fears have been allayed thanks to the creative use of org charts and theHubSpot CRM to track the transfer of assets from the EU. Man LOL  

Tagging a few partners and INBOUND professors here for further comment: @Babel_Izzy @cbsembler @ajwiggins85

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Dan1
Guide

Hi @edjusten

She did seem relieved. The Queen also really enjoyed a couple of HubSpot Insights, see here. 

I would really like to know if anyone has any further tips on handovers, as its a big part of getting the sales process ticking. 

Thanks, 

Dan 

0 Upvotes
KyleJepson
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

I would say it's important to keep the handover in mind from the beginning. You can add required properties to deal stages so that deals can't enter that stage without having those properties filled. Doing that ensures crucial information is gathered incrementally, which prevents the deal from getting to the end with gaps in it.