Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

agulati
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Discussion Board: Using help desk

Hi everyone! Adriti from HubSpot Academy here. I specialize in customer success and our Service Hub tools.

Do you have any questions about how to get started with help desk? Want to know more about the relationship between Conversations and tickets? If so, we have the perfect lessons for you -- "Using Tickets," and "Using Conversations."

If you still have questions after the lesson, feel free to post them below, or tweet them to @GulatiAdriti. Let's start a conversation!

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
jean-david
Contributor

Hello @agulati !

Thanks for those contents. Is there any plan at Hubspot to implement a real help desk on Hubspot's customers' customers side, or any easy way to do this ?

I noticed Hubspot has a "support inbox" wher we can see all of our tickets with Hubspot, it would be great to have this for our own clients.

0 Upvotes
agulati
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Hi @jean-david ! Thanks for your question!

While a help desk for your customer to see current status of tickets is not currently in development, this idea is being evaluated by our product team. I'll be sure to update you when I have more information about this idea!

Best,

Adriti

happy_ilkka
Participant

Hi @agulati ,

11 months since your reply, so I was wondering if you have anything new from your product team? 🙂

Br,

IlkkaM

0 Upvotes
agulati
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Hi @happy_ilkka , this feature is a highly requested one! Right now, our product team is focused on improving our current helpdesk system, but a self-service portal in which your customers can manage and track their own tickets is definitely on the radar. I'll be sure to update this thread as soon as I hear anything more concrete. 

0 Upvotes
BobbyLe0

What is the best way to SEPARATE connected email inboxes from each other in TICKETS view?

We have about 5 different email inboxes connected that we use for different reasons (depending on customers' origin, nature of inquiry, etc.), but all inbound "tickets" are without any distinguishable indicator of which email address the ticket was sent to.

None of the ticket/column properties indicate which email the ticket was sent to. The only way to see is by actually opening the ticket.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
agulati
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Hi @BobbyLe0 , thank you for your question!

Are the emails hitting those inboxes automatically creating tickets? If so, I would suggest creating different pipelines for your five different inboxes.

You can read about creating multiple pipelines here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/tickets/how-do-i-customize-my-ticket-pipelines-an....

Once you've created multiple pipelines, go to Conversations, and on the bottom left click "Inbox Settings." Under "Channels," click "Email." Hover over the various emails and click "Edit." Click "Edit Ticket Defaults" and change the pipeline the ticket goes to.

Please let me know if you need further clarification, or if this method will work for you. Happy to keep brainstorming!

Best,

Adriti

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for kicking off the conversation @agulati

I wanted to tag in a few users who have discussed these topics in the past. 

@Billkaboo@sd_elm@qduffy I know you've requested ideas around conversations and ideas in the past. If you are looking to maixmize the functionality of how the tool is built now, I would highly recommend connecting with @agulati!

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes