Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

sboerstler
Participant | Diamond Partner

Differences with Lead Stage (Prospecting) and Lead Status (property)

SOLVE

What is the difference between Lead Stage and Lead Status? or, What is the relationship between Lead Stages and Lead Statuses?

The default Lead Stages of Prospecting include similar selections of Lead status. But Lead status has more options. Should we relate these together with workflows? Ignore the Lead statuses?

What's the best Practice?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @sboerstler with Lead Stages / Prospecting being very new, many new to HubSpot users are ignoring Lead Status entirely and focusing on centralizing everything with the Prospecting homebase.

Lead Status was traditionally used in combination with Lifecycle Stage to provide a breakout of where the lead was in the sales part of the process to track their progression from SQL to Opportunity.

This is what Lead Stages solves for - if you don't need lead status, I would vote for ignoring.

Otherwise I would add automation that ties back so it doesn't have to be manually updated.

As a long-time user of HubSpot, I love what the new Prospecting space offers and can't recommend focusing efforts there enough, it's what sales has needed for a longtime and finally has.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @sboerstler with Lead Stages / Prospecting being very new, many new to HubSpot users are ignoring Lead Status entirely and focusing on centralizing everything with the Prospecting homebase.

Lead Status was traditionally used in combination with Lifecycle Stage to provide a breakout of where the lead was in the sales part of the process to track their progression from SQL to Opportunity.

This is what Lead Stages solves for - if you don't need lead status, I would vote for ignoring.

Otherwise I would add automation that ties back so it doesn't have to be manually updated.

As a long-time user of HubSpot, I love what the new Prospecting space offers and can't recommend focusing efforts there enough, it's what sales has needed for a longtime and finally has.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

sboerstler

SOLVE
Excellent answer. I agree with your assessment, if you are using one, the other (may) be irrelevant.
Jnix284

SOLVE

Awesome, happy to help!

0 Upvotes