Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Edyta7510
Guía

Determining the best week for a multi-channel marketing campaign

resolver

Hi All, 

i was wondering on how we can rely on data to determine the best week to launch a multi-channel campaign (social ads, email, display, PR). 

What are you guys looking at? 

- search trends? / historical data like #impressions of your past ads to determine when the peaks are? / any other indicators? 

Thanks!

Edyta

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @Edyta7510,

Very good question, not an easy one to answer however 😉 There are a lot of factors that play into successful timing, including public holidays, vacation times, budget cycles, competitor campaigns, seasonal effects. Looking at this list alone, it's easy to see that one won't be able to account for them all. It's always going to be a compromise. In general I would look at my persona and go through the above list, check if there are additional items that could play a role and then weigh different options against each other.

I would then rely on historic data as pros and cons for these options. This data could be all that HubSpot and your other analytics solutions have to offer. I would however recommend to view all of that data in the context of actual revenue generated. High search volume at a time of the year might be a good signal but it doesn't necessarily translate into net new revenue. (If your goal is to generate awareness, that's fine.)

If there is a time of the year that shouldn't be a good time to launch campaigns but it performed really well historically, then I'd probably stick to it. Your persona might have gotten use to your cadence despite all of the above. If however you're looking at the data, asking yourself if that's all, then you could try to find your best campaign launch timing, iteration by iteration.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
Edyta7510
Guía

resolver

Hi @karstenkoehler many thanks for your input! I do agree, the answer is not an easy one and depends on many factors. Another angle I'm looking at are industry events/speaking opportunities we have, so that we can piggyback to those with our campaign.

karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @Edyta7510,

Very good question, not an easy one to answer however 😉 There are a lot of factors that play into successful timing, including public holidays, vacation times, budget cycles, competitor campaigns, seasonal effects. Looking at this list alone, it's easy to see that one won't be able to account for them all. It's always going to be a compromise. In general I would look at my persona and go through the above list, check if there are additional items that could play a role and then weigh different options against each other.

I would then rely on historic data as pros and cons for these options. This data could be all that HubSpot and your other analytics solutions have to offer. I would however recommend to view all of that data in the context of actual revenue generated. High search volume at a time of the year might be a good signal but it doesn't necessarily translate into net new revenue. (If your goal is to generate awareness, that's fine.)

If there is a time of the year that shouldn't be a good time to launch campaigns but it performed really well historically, then I'd probably stick to it. Your persona might have gotten use to your cadence despite all of the above. If however you're looking at the data, asking yourself if that's all, then you could try to find your best campaign launch timing, iteration by iteration.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.