Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

lgalina
Miembro

Deleting a contact from restore page

Hello,

I would like to know how does it work deletion of contact from the Restore page. There is a Delete button for each archived user on the page and when you click it the user seems to be gone. Still, when I extract archived users from Hubspot API the deleted user appears among the results. How does it work? Is it some third way of having users deleted in HubSpot - being hidden in CRM but still existing as archived? How can I find out that the user is archived and not visible in CRM looking at the contact`s properties?

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
karstenkoehler
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

Hi @lgalina,

Contacts which are deleted can be restored for 90 days after deletion, see here. Deleted contacts will not show up in the CRM / on the contact index page anymore (Menu > Contacts > Contacts). Since a deleted contact cannot be accessed / edited anymore in HubSpot.

On top of that, there is the option to perform a GDPR delete in HubSpot. You can learn about it here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/how-do-i-perform-a-gdpr-delete-in-hubspot. These contacts cannot be restored and are deleted immediately, for good.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

lgalina
Miembro

I`m asking about the situation when a contact is deleted from the restore page, like on the screenshot below

lgalina_0-1642599039553.png

A contact deleted in such way can not be accessed via CRM, but it is clearly visible among archived contacts if I request them via API with Postman, for example.

How can I distinguish archived and available for restoring contacts from these, archived and deleted in such way? I mean, is there some contact`s property that indicates this situation? We need to find out about that when requesting archived contacts from our API

0 Me gusta