Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

ATran1

Deleting Contacts Permanently

SOLVE

Hi Hubspot Community,

I just wanted to confirm when deleting a cotact does it delete off hubspot system completely or does it store in a delete box.

We're trying to delete off the system completely and create a log to show what's been deleted?

Can hubspot generate a deleted log?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ATran1,

There are two ways to delete a contact: deleting a contact with the ability to restore it and a GDPR-compliant deletion.

If you want to permanently delete a contact and all its associated content, you would choose the GDPR-compliant deletion.

HubSpot will not generate a log of these contacts since that would mean that contact-related information would be kept after all.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ATran1,

There are two ways to delete a contact: deleting a contact with the ability to restore it and a GDPR-compliant deletion.

If you want to permanently delete a contact and all its associated content, you would choose the GDPR-compliant deletion.

HubSpot will not generate a log of these contacts since that would mean that contact-related information would be kept after all.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.