Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MvanBruggen
Contributeur

Deals with multiple price components with free version

Hi there,

we have an enterprise marketing version but a free sales version. 

I managed to create a solution for what we want (without having the opportunity to add product lineitems since we use the free version for sales): calculate dealsize on fixed amount + x months * monthly amount. 

A sanity check if this is the right way I did it, or that a simpeler solution is available.

I added 2 properties: fixed amount (F) and montly amount (M).

Then I added a calculated property (great option...) : 'Calculated TCO' with a formula: F + 48*M. This value is automatically calculated 'allways'.  Reason why I did this via 'calculated TCO' is that I can't do similar calculations in workflows.
Then I created a workflow with as trigger 'Calculated TCO' exists. And important: the same condition must be selected for reregistering (i.e.: records will be selected again for this workflow afterwards) This will fire the workflow whenever the calculation is done. In the workflow I simply copy CalculatedTCO to the Hubspot standard Dealsize and it works in reports etc.

Any feedback is appreciated. 

2 Réponses
danmoyle
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Elite
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Elite

@MvanBruggen from what I can see, this makes sense. And if it's working each time and showing up in reports, I'd say nice work! I like seeing cool hacks in the real world. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
kvlschaefer
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Hi @MvanBruggen,

Thanks for reaching out!

I wanted to invite our subject matter experts to this conversation.

Hi @danmoyle@AdamLPW@StjepanGrcic@Ben_M - Do you have any insight for @MvanBruggen?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Votes