Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Sibylle1

Deals - Restricting user permissions depending on product category

SOLVE

Hi there,

We currently in the mids of implementing our Sales process in Hubspot which was originally hosted externally in a ticket system. 

I love the Deals Dashboard where you can visually see the different deals in the various stages. 

However I am facing the following challenge:

We are selling a specific product together with a Partner. The users of the partner should only be able to have access to deals for this product as well as the contacts (prospects) intersted in this particular product. They should not have access to anything else/any other deals, contacts etc..

I was thinking of creating different pipelines but as  far I understood there is no way in limiting access to to deals and associated contacts to pipelines? 

Is there a good way to go about this scenario? 

Thanks a lot!

1 Accepted solution
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Sibylle1, so I think the best way forward here is to assign this partner to a team and set their contact, company, and deal view & edit permissions to just "Owned or Team only" via the team permissions:

Image 2020-07-16 at 10.31.59 AM.png

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
AstridvanDam
Contributor

SOLVE

Could this limit the user (partner in this case) to only view the deals in a certain pipeline or that are assigned to him personally?
We would work with several partners and would like to give them access to Hubspot; but we need to guarantee they can only see the deals linked to them and not those of all other partners. Thanks for the response!

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @Sibylle1, so I think the best way forward here is to assign this partner to a team and set their contact, company, and deal view & edit permissions to just "Owned or Team only" via the team permissions:

Image 2020-07-16 at 10.31.59 AM.png

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Sibylle1 ,

Thank you for reaching out to the HubSpot Community.

@rikkilear and @Bryantworks , could you share your idea here?

0 Upvotes