Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

_MMDL
Contributor

Deactivated users, best practices

SOLVE

Hi all,

Hi all,

We work in a franchise scheme, where every franchisee has their own HS account.

My question is related to recommending the best practices for deactivated users at the users & teams administration level, there are accounts with hundreds of users and many of them are deactivated.

How do you manage this? I was thinking of creating a team and using a preset, then assigning all deactivated users to the team.
any others recommendations?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @_MMDL,

Is there hope for these deactivated users to be reactivated to those HubSpot accounts? If not, then, I'll suggest removing them from the accounts and using workflows to assign their assets (records, objects, blogs, scheduling pages, etc. to another active user) to maintain a clean portal. You can learn more about removing users from your HubSpot account here.

Otherwise, you can just add all the deactivated users to a team. I don't think you have any reason to create a preset for them since they cannot access the HubSpot accounts in the first place.

Select the dropdown on "status" and choose "deactivated". Then, check the box to select all deactivated users, "Edit team" and move them to a team that you have created/chosen.

ct.PNG

Let me know if this helps.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @_MMDL,

Is there hope for these deactivated users to be reactivated to those HubSpot accounts? If not, then, I'll suggest removing them from the accounts and using workflows to assign their assets (records, objects, blogs, scheduling pages, etc. to another active user) to maintain a clean portal. You can learn more about removing users from your HubSpot account here.

Otherwise, you can just add all the deactivated users to a team. I don't think you have any reason to create a preset for them since they cannot access the HubSpot accounts in the first place.

Select the dropdown on "status" and choose "deactivated". Then, check the box to select all deactivated users, "Edit team" and move them to a team that you have created/chosen.

ct.PNG

Let me know if this helps.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JPairis
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @BukunmiOdetayo ,

Could you share your WF how you'd reassign everything?

0 Upvotes
BukunmiOdetayo

SOLVE

Yeah, sure @JPairis 

I explained via this video

Let me know if it helps or if you have further questions.

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

JPairis
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks! Appreciated! 

0 Upvotes
BukunmiOdetayo

SOLVE

It's a pleasure. The community is open to you anytime! Just let us know how we can help 🙂

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

_MMDL
Contributor

SOLVE

The preset you mention makes sense, thanks!

0 Upvotes