Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

HJ1

Database Setup

SOLVE

Hi, I'm to Hubspot and just setting up. My biz model is a broker model so I need to track two distinctly different kinds of data. I have the end users (several individuals within a company that are looking for the service I broker, Then I have the companies that do the work (I need to track a lot of these kinds of companies and have contracts with them). Should I setup two databases or should I setup one database and tag each contact according to their data type? What is best given Hubspots tools?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Database Setup

SOLVE

@HJ1

My opinion based on what you've told me would be to maintain one database and tag the different data types appropriately. It should be easy to accomplish this using custom properties. 

Others may have a different take, but that's how I am leaning.

I hope that helps!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Josh
Solution

Database Setup

SOLVE

@HJ1

My opinion based on what you've told me would be to maintain one database and tag the different data types appropriately. It should be easy to accomplish this using custom properties. 

Others may have a different take, but that's how I am leaning.

I hope that helps!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes