Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MPalmer6
Participant

Dashboard help - monitoring progress

SOLVE

Hi

Hopefully this will make sense, but we have created a company product dashboard to monitor their customer health range (3 sections). 

As per the snapshot below.

MPalmer6_0-1673974187783.png

But is there a way to have this data update each month and then a filter option to apply so we can track the progress?

for example the dashboard piechart (or another chart if better) would show the current months and then we could then review the filter to change to older months to see the percentage progress of the 3 categories?

This would then allow us to see the % of each section at the end of each month (December for example) and where we finished on in terms of this chart,  Example data Thriving = 10%, Healthy = 30%, At risk = 60%

If that makes sense? 

here is the current filter:

MPalmer6_1-1673974485650.png

Thanks in advance. 

Matt

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @MPalmer6, thanks for reaching out! This is a really good question.

Like you're finding, HubSpot reports will show you the current state of data that isn't necessarily tied to a specific date (i.e., create date, close date). 

Since this is a custom property you're using, you'll need to create a custom solution to achieve a "snapshot" of the data. I'll be honest, this may not be entirely doable, but I have some thoughts to get you started!

1. Leverage the "has ever been" filter

When you're creating reports, you should see "has ever been equal to" or "has ever contained any of" as a filter option for dropdown properties. While that won't show you specifically when the property had that value, you can try to use this stragecially to get a sense for what companies have "recovered" (or "suffered"). Here's how that could look:

• "Customer Health RTSS" = "Thriving" AND "Customer Health RTSS" has ever been equal to "At Risk"

That would have HubSpot pull in a list of companies who were previuosly "At Risk" but are now "Thriving." From there, you could layer in additional filters (i.e., created within a specific date range).

Create custom date stamp proeprties and workflows

If you want to get more specific to a particular timeframe, consider creating custom date stamp properties and workflows. You could create a property called something like "At Risk Date" and then create the following workflow:

1. Enrollment criteria = "Customer Health RTSS" = "At Risk"
  2. Set property value "At Risk Date" to "current date"

You'd then be able to capture the specific date when that record was updated, allowing you to track how many companies were set to "At Risk" or another value within a given timeframe. That won't necessarily show you individual progress, but you can get a sense for overall increases/declines in health if you set this up for each property value.

Getting fancy

If this is something that you really want to track visually, you could create a bunch of additional properties and the corresponding property-setting workflows like:

• Date Moved from "At Risk" to "Healthy"
  • Date Moved from "Healthy" to "Thriving"
  • Date Moved from "Thriving" to "Healthy"
  • Date Moved from "Healthy" to "At Risk"

You basically just need a way to "tag" companies that move up or down within the "Customer Health RTSS" property, then you can build reports on top of them.

Other thoughts

There's definitely a bunch of custom buildout you can invest time in here, but I would challenge you to think about how you'll really be using these reports and if the "Customer Health RTSS" is a reliable property (i.e., data provided directly by the customer or set based on actions taken by the customer). I feel like the most important thing here is identifying companies that seem to be falling off. In that case, the emphasis should be on getting them back on track vs seeing where they were three months ago.

You may find more value in building reports that focus on the "At Risk" companies, how quickly you're responding to any issues, and the timeline between a company going "At Risk" and improving (or falling off completely). This may be something you're already tracking as well, but it would be worth going further and tracking the "At Risk" reasons to get a sense for why companies fall into that bucket in the first place. 

This is probably more than you were asking for, but hopefully it's helpful!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
MPalmer6
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jacob

Thank you for this, I think I have done it 🙂 

I cant test it yet as i did select the No section like you said. 

If I had selected yes, would this have meant all date stamps would be today?

and we should have a mover next week from At risk to Healthy, so I will be able to see if it works with a report. If not I might come back for help :-). But hopefully should be all good

jolle

SOLVE

So glad to hear! And that's right — if you had selected "yes," all eligible records would have had their "At Risk Date" set to 1/20/23 (the current date). That wouldn't actually be accurate data for you and would throw off your reports, so now it's the waiting game like you said!

Hope everything goes smoothly, but hmu if it doesn't!

Jacob Olle

0 Upvotes
MPalmer6
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jacob

Thank you so much for your detailed response, I will have a proper review hopefully today or tomorrow and then come back to you if any questions, but this looks great. 

Thanks again,

Matt

jolle

SOLVE

Not a problem! Hope it helps get you closer to what you're after 😄

Jacob Olle

0 Upvotes
MPalmer6
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jacob

Been having a go at this today, this is what I have ended up with. Does this look right to you?

MPalmer6_0-1674147513248.png

I set the date as todays date, I presume that is what you meant with "Current date" ? 

I have also included the relevant products in one workflow, was not sure if that was correct? 

I might be being dumb, but how would I then test if this is working? and would I be able to set the dashboard for all items that have changed in that current month?

Bit lost on the last bit lol.

Thanks in advance. 

Kind regards

Matt

jolle

SOLVE

Hey @MPalmer6, thanks for following up — great job on the setup so far!

Sorry for the confusion on the "current date" part — you'll actually want to use the "Date of step" setting:

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 10.23.09 PM.png

If you set the workflow to a static date (1/19/23), then that would tell HubSpot to set the value for every contact to 1/19/23 regardless of the day that they entered the workflow! If you use the "Date of step" option, HubSpot will automatically set the value to the current calendar date (some people call it a "date stamp").

Adding in the products should make sense as well! That will narrow down the companies that can be enrolled to only the ones that have specific product values.

Don't ever put yourself down! You are asking great questions and seeking help and that is awesome! To test if it's working, you can check out the "Details" section with your workflow (buttons in the top lefthand corner):

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 10.27.14 PM.png

That will show you how many companies were enrolled and when and show you an action log of the executed actions. You can also head to Settings > Properties > Company > At Risk Date and click it on it to see how many records have a value. Over time, you should see that count increasing!

Really quick, note that this is not a retroactive workflow. HubSpot will start updating records only moving forward, so make sure you select "No, only enroll contacts who meet the trigger criteria after turning the workflow on" when turning on the workflow

Otherwise, HubSpot will set that date stamp property for all of your records and throw off your data. 

So it will take you a month or two to start getting some real data that you can bring into reports. But then instead of building the report based on "Create date" or another date property, you'll just swap it for "At Risk Date."

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

0 Upvotes
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @MPalmer6, thanks for reaching out! This is a really good question.

Like you're finding, HubSpot reports will show you the current state of data that isn't necessarily tied to a specific date (i.e., create date, close date). 

Since this is a custom property you're using, you'll need to create a custom solution to achieve a "snapshot" of the data. I'll be honest, this may not be entirely doable, but I have some thoughts to get you started!

1. Leverage the "has ever been" filter

When you're creating reports, you should see "has ever been equal to" or "has ever contained any of" as a filter option for dropdown properties. While that won't show you specifically when the property had that value, you can try to use this stragecially to get a sense for what companies have "recovered" (or "suffered"). Here's how that could look:

• "Customer Health RTSS" = "Thriving" AND "Customer Health RTSS" has ever been equal to "At Risk"

That would have HubSpot pull in a list of companies who were previuosly "At Risk" but are now "Thriving." From there, you could layer in additional filters (i.e., created within a specific date range).

If you want to get more specific to a particular timeframe, consider creating custom date stamp properties and workflows. You could create a property called something like "At Risk Date" and then create the following workflow:

You'd then be able to capture the specific date when that record was updated, allowing you to track how many companies were set to "At Risk" or another value within a given timeframe. That won't necessarily show you individual progress, but you can get a sense for overall increases/declines in health if you set this up for each property value.

Getting fancy

If this is something that you really want to track visually, you could create a bunch of additional properties and the corresponding property-setting workflows like:

• Date Moved from "At Risk" to "Healthy"
  • Date Moved from "Healthy" to "Thriving"
  • Date Moved from "Thriving" to "Healthy"
  • Date Moved from "Healthy" to "At Risk"

You basically just need a way to "tag" companies that move up or down within the "Customer Health RTSS" property, then you can build reports on top of them.

Other thoughts

There's definitely a bunch of custom buildout you can invest time in here, but I would challenge you to think about how you'll really be using these reports and if the "Customer Health RTSS" is a reliable property (i.e., data provided directly by the customer or set based on actions taken by the customer). I feel like the most important thing here is identifying companies that seem to be falling off. In that case, the emphasis should be on getting them back on track vs seeing where they were three months ago.

You may find more value in building reports that focus on the "At Risk" companies, how quickly you're responding to any issues, and the timeline between a company going "At Risk" and improving (or falling off completely). This may be something you're already tracking as well, but it would be worth going further and tracking the "At Risk" reasons to get a sense for why companies fall into that bucket in the first place. 

This is probably more than you were asking for, but hopefully it's helpful!!

Jacob Olle

MPalmer6
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jacob

Sorry me again :-). Just trying to create the report for this and was not sure which way to go with it as got the date stamp but struggling on how to represent it.

Sorry if this is vague but any ideas? 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
MPalmer6
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks again 🙂 

0 Upvotes