Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

EKnaack
Contributor

Cyber Monday Campaign Planning

SOLVE

Hey all!

Planning out our Q3 and we are looking to do a Cyber Monday sale on our subscriptions. What would you suggest be the length of time for promoting this sale? I was thinking of starting the campaign the week before Thanksgiving. Would love to hear what has worked for others. Thanks!

2 Accepted solutions
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer 😊

@EKnaack that's a great question! If you're truly looking for a Cyber Monday special, promoting it all week before Black Friday, then opening the sale on Cyber Monday would be the traditional route, and seems logical. It also makes it feel focused, special, and limited when you take that path. Opening it up for the entire week feels more grand and in line with "how everyone is doing it" these days, so if that's your goal, that works. 

Were I in your shoes, I think I'd try this: 

Send an email to all prospects on Monday, 11/14 with "exclusive deal coming - get your early bird special" and promote that they, and only they, can get the special Monday 11/21. Because then I'd promote publicly starting that week that it's coming 11/28 for a limited time. So your prospects, or current customers looking to renew, get the early (and maybe slightly better) special. Then you can have the "usual" special on Cyber Monday. 

Just my thoughts. 😁 Good luck on your campaign!

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

RJaglan
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EKnaack 

Based on my experience and the previous year's Black Friday & Cyber Monday (BCFM) campaigns.

Running a cyber-Monday campaign 14 days before yields 25-40% more sales for us than 4-7 days for subscription-based brands.

The most important thing to consider is to segment your audience first for Cyber Monday:

• Existing customers
  • New customers entirely
  • Customers who have lower tier subscriptions to market them upgrades & add on 
  • Customers you lost recently (churn)
  • Visitors

It will help you to market the right subscription campaigns to the right target segment.

Just make sure discount coupons are working properly and trackable.

Hire some influencer a week before if you are into B2C (highest ROI during BFCM) 

Good luck with the BFCM campaign 👨‍🚀

Thank you for the mention @kvlschaefer again 💚

Best wishes,
🖤 from Berlin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
RJaglan
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @EKnaack 

Based on my experience and the previous year's Black Friday & Cyber Monday (BCFM) campaigns.

Running a cyber-Monday campaign 14 days before yields 25-40% more sales for us than 4-7 days for subscription-based brands.

The most important thing to consider is to segment your audience first for Cyber Monday:

• Existing customers
  • New customers entirely
  • Customers who have lower tier subscriptions to market them upgrades & add on 
  • Customers you lost recently (churn)
  • Visitors

It will help you to market the right subscription campaigns to the right target segment.

Just make sure discount coupons are working properly and trackable.

Hire some influencer a week before if you are into B2C (highest ROI during BFCM) 

Good luck with the BFCM campaign 👨‍🚀

Thank you for the mention @kvlschaefer again 💚

Best wishes,
🖤 from Berlin

EKnaack
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @RJaglan ! I didn't even think about using our Partners in this as well that's such a great idea. 

We are a subscription-based business so I appreciate your data on success with your past campaigns on this. This will be great for me to take back to my team. 

Would you do any VIP first access to certain members, before CM?

Thanks again,

Elise

0 Upvotes
RJaglan

SOLVE

Hi @EKnaack ,

Absolutely, VIPs are usually your champions or loyal customers or advocates. 

For VIPs, I will open doors a day before the mass campaign launch or give them an exclusive offer that other segments can only dream of or can only receive when they reach VIP status— said by FOMO (fear of missing out)🤠

Best,
🖤 from Berlin

0 Upvotes
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer 😊

@EKnaack that's a great question! If you're truly looking for a Cyber Monday special, promoting it all week before Black Friday, then opening the sale on Cyber Monday would be the traditional route, and seems logical. It also makes it feel focused, special, and limited when you take that path. Opening it up for the entire week feels more grand and in line with "how everyone is doing it" these days, so if that's your goal, that works. 

Were I in your shoes, I think I'd try this: 

Send an email to all prospects on Monday, 11/14 with "exclusive deal coming - get your early bird special" and promote that they, and only they, can get the special Monday 11/21. Because then I'd promote publicly starting that week that it's coming 11/28 for a limited time. So your prospects, or current customers looking to renew, get the early (and maybe slightly better) special. Then you can have the "usual" special on Cyber Monday. 

Just my thoughts. 😁 Good luck on your campaign!

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @EKnaack,

This is a great question! What a good way to kick off this quarter with a conversation starter 😃

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they have any thoughts on this.

Hi @danmoyle@jolle, @Jnix284@RJaglan - Do you have any insight for @EKnaack? What has worked best for you in terms of planning campaigns during the holiday season?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !