Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JWharton
Colaborador(a)

Customer Success with HS

resolver

I've searched the forums and I can't find a satisfactory answer to this. Is anyone using HS for customer success (e.g. onboarding, satisfaction surveys, company/industry news and press release monitoring, new opportunities, etc.)? If so, how?

HS seems great for marketing and sales, but other than trouble tickets pretty weak on the post-sales management stuff. If not HS, what tools are people using for this?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solução aceita
Nynke_HM
Solução
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

Customer Success with HS

resolver

Hi @JWharton ,

I would say HubSpot is great for this, at least if you make use of the other Hubs as well. 

I'll share a few examples of how marketing, sales and service can work toghether for customer success:

• Website visits of existing customers could give hints to sales about potential up-sells. Marketing could give account managers / service teams a heads up when customer behavior is showing (dis)engagement.
  • Activities of both Marketing and Sales could be based on reponses to feedback surveys. Great or bad feedback require a different approach.
  • Ticket and Knowledge base reports are a great way to collect input for new marketing and sales content to serve the needs of (potential) customer better.
  • Closing a deal in Sales could activate a range of tasks to account managers, operational managers and service teams. 

Just to name a few. The best thing: you determine the level of automation in all of these processes and are able to choose which ones to integrate with existing tools. 

Our customers are moving more and more from their dedicated sales, marketing and service tools to the all-in-one platform HubSpot offers. First by integrating, later by migrating.

Hope this very brief summary of possibilities with HubSpot is helpful to you!

Best,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
tahoedrew
Participante

Customer Success with HS

resolver

I agree with your assessment that HS is weak in supporting a robust CS (account management) function.

While someone responded with some decent suggestions, many of them are reactionary, which is exaclty what a good CS team is striving to not be.

I really like HS for what it is, but it is not a tool that provides much value for a CS team beyond tracking past activity, automating tasks (setting QBRs as tasks is not ideal and I can't find that you can automate meetings), and being reactive to client activities like website visits, email actions and ticket/KB visits.

We run sales (which includes renewals that CSMs are responsible for) and support on HS, track contacts and clients in HS, and provide direct support; but we still rely on a CS-specific platform (like Gainsaight, Totango, Freshsuccess, etc.) to give CSMs what they need to operate on a daily basis.

Nynke_HM
Solução

Customer Success with HS

resolver

Hi @JWharton ,

I would say HubSpot is great for this, at least if you make use of the other Hubs as well. 

I'll share a few examples of how marketing, sales and service can work toghether for customer success:

• Website visits of existing customers could give hints to sales about potential up-sells. Marketing could give account managers / service teams a heads up when customer behavior is showing (dis)engagement.
  • Activities of both Marketing and Sales could be based on reponses to feedback surveys. Great or bad feedback require a different approach.
  • Ticket and Knowledge base reports are a great way to collect input for new marketing and sales content to serve the needs of (potential) customer better.
  • Closing a deal in Sales could activate a range of tasks to account managers, operational managers and service teams. 

Just to name a few. The best thing: you determine the level of automation in all of these processes and are able to choose which ones to integrate with existing tools. 

Our customers are moving more and more from their dedicated sales, marketing and service tools to the all-in-one platform HubSpot offers. First by integrating, later by migrating.

Hope this very brief summary of possibilities with HubSpot is helpful to you!

Best,

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution