Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MM-SPONSORs
Participante

Creating a task as a workflow

resolver

Hi all,

Case: Contact changes the company/employer, update of adress data and associated company neccesary.

I want to create a workflow that creates a task if the associated company (or its adress data, e.g. city, post code of the company) of a contact is unequal to the adress data of the contact itself. For us the contact adress data usually is the adress data of the associated company. I know there seems no automatic mapping being possible in HubSpot if an associated company has changed, isn´t it?

The task is  to renew or map the contact adress data with the new associated company adress data. 

Is that possible and how can I trigger and build that workflow? Thanks a lot for your replies!

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @MM-SPONSORs,

It's not possible to compare two records in HubSpot workflows but luckily, you might not even need that here.

The goal is to always update contact properties with the latest value of company properties, correct? In that case, a company-based workflow would actually be a solution.

You'd enroll companies based on, for example, "Street address is known". You'd also allow re-enrollment of copmany records when Street address is known. The first and only step of this workflow would be the copy action from Street address on the company record to Street address on the contact record.

Whenever the company Street address value changes, HubSpot should re-enroll the company. (I tested this before in other scenarios but I'd recommend testing this in your own database to make sure it works before fully trusting it.)

Keep in mind that this would not update contacts associated with a company that were created after the company was enrolled and after the value was copied. For this probably small number of contacts, you could create another workflow, enrolling companies when "At least one associated Contact has Street address is unknown". This one doesn't allow for re-enrollment but it would probably cover most of the outliers.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

1 Resposta 1
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @MM-SPONSORs,

It's not possible to compare two records in HubSpot workflows but luckily, you might not even need that here.

The goal is to always update contact properties with the latest value of company properties, correct? In that case, a company-based workflow would actually be a solution.

You'd enroll companies based on, for example, "Street address is known". You'd also allow re-enrollment of copmany records when Street address is known. The first and only step of this workflow would be the copy action from Street address on the company record to Street address on the contact record.

Whenever the company Street address value changes, HubSpot should re-enroll the company. (I tested this before in other scenarios but I'd recommend testing this in your own database to make sure it works before fully trusting it.)

Keep in mind that this would not update contacts associated with a company that were created after the company was enrolled and after the value was copied. For this probably small number of contacts, you could create another workflow, enrolling companies when "At least one associated Contact has Street address is unknown". This one doesn't allow for re-enrollment but it would probably cover most of the outliers.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.