Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MPalmer6
Participant

Creating a property - that allows me to upload a document

SOLVE

Hi 

I can see that on the right hand column, there is an attachment property. 

But I was looking to add a Contract upload property for the left hand side menu.

I added the option 'file' thinking this would work but its just a text box. 

MPalmer6_0-1692805709689.png

Is there an option where this can be an upload box like the attachment on the right?

or does all attachments have to go in that Attachment sections.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Matt

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MPalmer6,

File upload properties (the ones that you can place in the left sidebar) are for use in website forms. In a website form, a contact can upload a file and the property will then show a link to that file.

If you want to upload files to a record, you would exclusively use the attachments section in the right sidebar, correct.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MPalmer6 and @RClerico,

Good news, this is now possible!

CRM Platform | Companies | Tickets | Deals | Contacts

Improved file property experience in the CRM

Mar 25, 2024

What is it?

Today, you can create a custom file property in the CRM. In forms, visitors can upload files as part of their submission.

Now, you will be able to upload and manage files using a custom file property in the CRM, enabling you to more seamlessly manage files across the CRM platform.

Why does it matter?

These enhancements to custom file properties will improve file management in HubSpot. Some examples of how they can be used:

• Requiring that a purchase agreement is attached to every new deal created using the Create Deal form
  • Requiring a file property based on the value of another property using Conditional Property Logic
  • Requiring a contract to be uploaded to a file property when Deal Stage = Closed/Won
  • Uploading a CV to a Contact record, and control which users can access that property ('CV') using Field-Level Permissions

How does it work?

Object Settings > Properties > Create Property > File

Demo

For previously existing file properties, HubSpot will attempt to resolve existing values on file properties and show them as preview links in the file manager. Unresolved values will be highlighted in red, noting that the value doesn’t appear to reference a file.

Limitations to keep in mind:

Who gets it?

All hubs and tiers

Learn More:

Join the discussion on our Community

Learn more on the Knowledge Base

You can find this public beta here:

karstenkoehler_0-1711429786079.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MPalmer6 and @RClerico,

Good news, this is now possible!

CRM Platform | Companies | Tickets | Deals | Contacts

Improved file property experience in the CRM

Mar 25, 2024

What is it?

Today, you can create a custom file property in the CRM. In forms, visitors can upload files as part of their submission.

Now, you will be able to upload and manage files using a custom file property in the CRM, enabling you to more seamlessly manage files across the CRM platform.

Why does it matter?

These enhancements to custom file properties will improve file management in HubSpot. Some examples of how they can be used:

• Requiring that a purchase agreement is attached to every new deal created using the Create Deal form
  • Requiring a file property based on the value of another property using Conditional Property Logic
  • Requiring a contract to be uploaded to a file property when Deal Stage = Closed/Won
  • Uploading a CV to a Contact record, and control which users can access that property ('CV') using Field-Level Permissions

How does it work?

Object Settings > Properties > Create Property > File

Demo

For previously existing file properties, HubSpot will attempt to resolve existing values on file properties and show them as preview links in the file manager. Unresolved values will be highlighted in red, noting that the value doesn’t appear to reference a file.

Limitations to keep in mind:

Who gets it?

All hubs and tiers

Learn More:

Join the discussion on our Community

Learn more on the Knowledge Base

You can find this public beta here:

karstenkoehler_0-1711429786079.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
RClerico
Participant

SOLVE

This is highly frustrating since the attachments section of a full scope customer deal and order can be monumentous.  Are there any tools or extensions available to allow for better organization of these documents?  It's a nightmare.  If the solution isn't a property where a specific file (or files) can be loaded, what is the solution?  TYIA!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MPalmer6,

File upload properties (the ones that you can place in the left sidebar) are for use in website forms. In a website form, a contact can upload a file and the property will then show a link to that file.

If you want to upload files to a record, you would exclusively use the attachments section in the right sidebar, correct.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

MPalmer6
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten

Thank you for confirming, just wanted to make sure I was not missing something. 

Kind regards

Matt