Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MSodnicar
Participant

Creating a maintainable Source for Companies > Contacts > Deals

I understand that Deals and Companies can't share data.  What I'm looking to do is track companies / contacts we meet at events - and be able to measure Closed Won deals vs. events.

I know that if I create a property in Company, Deals can't see that correct?

As an example, let's say we meet a few companies / contacts at Inbound 23.  Then some more at Inbound 24.  How do I tie those deals to those events?

And how best to maintain this dataset?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
NQayyum

Hi 

I want to know if we can create/customize our company Type fields like prospect, partner, vendor . Because I want to create an option of customer in company type. Please note that I am using free crm tool.

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Yes, @NQayyum, you can create custom company properties via settings

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Hi @MSodnicar just because you aren't capturing the data on both records, doesn't mean you can't report or filter based on this data.

For example, if your contact has a custom property that is "Inbound 23" = "met in person" then you could create a multi-object report that says if contact property Inbound 23 = "met in person" AND Closed Won Deals >= 1, you would be able to generate a report.

You can use similar filters in workflows and lists to segment your data based on the different object properties in combination with each other.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

0 Upvotes
MSodnicar
Participant

Ah, I see - so there would be like a Parent (Conferences) and a child (23,
24, etc.)

I am not experienced in databases - but I think I need to look into
learning data models.

Thanks!

Jnix284

Yes, you could have an overarching property for Event Type where you select Conferences, and then drill down further into the specific event (IN23, etc.)

I'd highly recommend the HubSpot Academy Reporting Certification - it will show you what's possible with reporting, from there you can work backwards to determine what properties/data you need to be able to create those reports/data points.

The key is capturing the data - you can't report on data that doesn't exist 🙂

0 Upvotes